• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lowering advice!

FRSU and J's brace FTW.

I'm going to try and get an even more aggressive set-up. :)

Don't go to aggressive as at road speeds, even when pushing on, you can't make the most of it without travelling at irresponsibly fast road cornering speeds. You can go more than the standard FRSU with no real issues, but you start to get into diminishing returns if you go too far :)

Don't go to aggressive as at road speeds, even when pushing on, you can't make the most of it without travelling at irresponsibly fast road cornering speeds. You can go more than the standard FRSU with no real issues, but you start to get into diminishing returns if you go too far :)

Very true, if you dont track it dont go as aggressive as mine. Im certainly slower on the road (as its such a handful) than I was before but my god its good on the track which is why I make the compromise.

Very true, if you dont track it dont go as aggressive as mine. Im certainly slower on the road (as its such a handful) than I was before but my god its good on the track which is why I make the compromise.

Exactly how it was on my teg, made a rubbish road car unless driving flat out and even then a stock DC2 was probably quicker over bumpy b-roads, but it was a giggle on track :D

:lol:

I like the sound of the first bit, and LOL'ing at the second. :lol:

Affirmative, Thanks - I do have intentions to take the car on track - pending some go faster mods - later on in the year.

In addition, from a non-handling POV; I'm keen on the 'mass-negative camber, coupled with aftermarket wheels' look - this is pending going even lower though.

As a fast road car, it does handle very, very well now - it's a shame it doesn't come with more negative camber, visually - I'll talk to Tom next time I'm at TGM.

Last edited by a moderator:
i chose the type r because i like the car. For the looks and overall package. I don't see how you can corner hard enough on public roads to warrant a frsu. If i were to track it i would undoubtedly do it.

Next car will be another type r....scooby. Straight line killing of almost anything.

i chose the type r because i like the car. For the looks and overall package. I don't see how you can corner hard enough on public roads to warrant a frsu. If i were to track it i would undoubtedly do it.

Next car will be another type r....scooby. Straight line killing of almost anything.

Trust me, it's possible :)

Don't underestimate the power of an FRSU - it really does improve the handling of the EP3 :).

And why is that jermal?

Fast road set up, clue is in the name.... yea the clue is fast and i dont corner fast!

If you like to cane your car around corners in a fast manner that's your choice.

Have i suggested that i am a "drag king"?

You can drive fast in a straight line up to certain speeds without exceeding certain limits!

Have i suggested that i am a "drag king"?

You can drive fast in a straight line up to certain speeds without exceeding certain limits!

Have I suggested that I "cane it" around corners?

You can have a car that handles well and also isn't shy of accelerating.

I think it's best if we agree to disagree. I will continue to recommend a FRSU to anyone who wants the best out of their Honda, as will many other experienced people in the field who use their cars both on track and on the road.

No argument about it being a good mod. I just don't feel that i warrant it. I don't want to pay a lot of money for something that i dont intend to get the most out of. I feel i have spent to much money on my ep3 already. There has to be a stop point.

Exactly how it was on my teg, made a rubbish road car unless driving flat out and even then a stock DC2 was probably quicker over bumpy b-roads, but it was a giggle on track :D

Id agree, a pretty standard EP3 would probably be quicker than me on the road as im fighting the car the whole time. I long for a smooth piece of tarmac without potholes to avoid.

No argument about it being a good mod. I just don't feel that i warrant it. I don't want to pay a lot of money for something that i dont intend to get the most out of. I feel i have spent to much money on my ep3 already. There has to be a stop point.

Even if you don't corner aggressively etc. etc.

At bare minimum, the barest of minimum etc. - you could save yourself money by having your geometry done to save you uneven tyre wear :) Straight-line spirited blasts, will continually (because you're travelling in a straight line) place empahsis on the contact patch, and if that's 'out' - it'll result in uneven wear. :)

Whislt Honda set the car up within 'tolerances' - the 'tolerance' is quite broad, as I understand it.

my only concern with fast road set up is that I use mine quite daily. I dont want to scrub away the inside of the tyres. But then again, if experienced users say its not that aggressive, I think it might be worth doing.

Im also thinking about lowering. Perhaps you could lower the car, see how you feel about it, and if its pants get the FRSU? This is what I may well do.

my only concern with fast road set up is that I use mine quite daily. I dont want to scrub away the inside of the tyres. But then again, if experienced users say its not that aggressive, I think it might be worth doing.

Im also thinking about lowering. Perhaps you could lower the car, see how you feel about it, and if its pants get the FRSU? This is what I may well do.

It has the opposite affect and was the reason I had mine done. The standard setup from factory on mine was causing the rear inner tyres edges to wear far quicker than the rest of the tyre. The FRSU stopped this completely.

The FRSU sounds like it's worth getting, any ideas where I can get one 'Daaaan Saaaafff'?

On the lowering front, is this worth doing on a road going CTR? Like Samg, I use mine every day, but I do corner like a loon (mainly because i'm busy keeping up with my mate's bikes).

As you're in Southampton, TGM near Fleet, just off the M3 would be your best bet.

And a decent set of springs, Eibachs or similair are fine for road use combined with the FRSU:)

Thanks Hasnic.

I assume a decent set of springs and shocks will improve my tracking, but is there a need to lower? I guess what i'm asking is; is it worth the money you pay for the springs? Or is the stock setup with a FRSU a better idea?

Maybe a better option is an FRSU on stock, then change springs and shocks when the originals fail, but will i need to get the FRSU done again if I change the springs?

Back