• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Estoril Blue F20 M135i LCI - Another car that never was

I've seen his drive on pictures, he's f**ked :lol:

I slid the Focus down the drive in the snow when it was on Goodyear Eagle F1A2s. I inched on and it just fecking took off backwards when it hit the slope. I think it was the longest 6 seconds of my life with me glaring through the rear view mirror at the garage getting closer... It stopped about a foot off the garage, so I put it in 1st, hand brake on, got out and strolled to the house "like a boss." I came out soon after with road salt, just in case it started sliding again of its own accord. :lol:

Yeah, my drive, BMW with 322bhp/332ftlb on 225 winter rears and an auto box. I expect a few but not many lolz. :lol:

I have a question for you, did you ever consider the S3 saloon?
Its looks like its in the same price bracket and is 5 door

I have a question for you, did you ever consider the S3 saloon?
Its looks like its in the same price bracket and is 5 door

S3 saloon is a 4 door. You're thinking of the S3 sportback, that's a 5 door hatch.

I did. I like the look of the saloon (4 door), though not so much the Sportback.

Audis have just never really floated my boat. Same with VWs and whole the VAG world in general, so I didn't bother going to have a look. I got the impression that I really would be looking to chop an Audi in (again) after 12 months, whereas that isn't the plan with the BMW.

I don't know, I could own a Nardo Grey sportback

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434805476-963176-jpg.61394

(yeah I know this is an RS3 but same thing)

It's like Ford stealth grey that. It's a bit marmite.

This is one I had shortlisted.
media

media

media

It just doesn't give me that funny feeling.

The stealth grey is darker, but yeah I know what you mean. I personally love it, it's also very much like Porsche's "Fashion Grey".

Funny feeling looking at it or driving it?

I'd say the S3 saloon competes more against the CLA AMG though. BMW doesn't really have a competitor for it, only really in the M235i. Obviously with the 335i going against the S4.

The current S4 is based on the old and now very crap A4 design isn't it?

http://www.cityam.com/226865/motoring-review-the-audi-a4

The headline sums it up well.

Yeah it is, AFAIK they have stopped offering out the S4 and RS4 though. So they will be ready when the new shape A4 hits the showrooms. I've always felt the interiors were a bit dated in the A4 range in comparison to others, so this is probably them pulling their socks up.

Awesome mate. Definitely think you have done the right thing. I'm going BMW for my next car after 4 Type r's. Get yourself signed up on M3cutters. It is really good and their are so many members that their is always somebody who knows an answer for your questions. Also is the gear box on these the DCT box? On another note, their is a brilliant mod that a lot of the M3 lads do on their exhaust. They have two of the four silencers unwrapped in the back box and it sounds incredible. My mate has had both of his e92's done and it sounds like a 458. The chap who doe's it is called Paul the welder over on cutters and he is very highly regarded on their due to the difference it makes to the car. I'm assuming it can be done on the 135i as well. Costs about £200.

Cheers. Yes, it's the ZF8 box on these.

I'll have a look at that exhaust mod, but the M135i is a straight six so hoping for 458 levels might be a bit optimistic. :lol:

Just read the full spec configuration for the new car John, sounds spot on mate looking forward to seeing the photos when you pick her up!! :D

Finally looked at your spec Loxy and very similar to mine.

Surprised when you look at the price at the start & then end at the increase.

Finally looked at your spec Loxy and very similar to mine.

Surprised when you look at the price at the start & then end at the increase.

Oh god yes I know! £7,700 on options I think mine has! :oops:

Oh god yes I know! £7,700 on options I think mine has! :oops:

Yeah think i had parking sensors & memory seats but no split seats & no heated seats.

I didn't want to spend more than 33 really so c.40 is out unless i get a 7k discount.

Mine came to under the price of the new CTR until I added the additional set of wheels with winter tyres. Dealers are giving good discounts if you push them.

This is my order invoice total:

IMAG3548.jpg

It's shocking. That doesn't show the discount though. It comes in at around £35.5k after discount, but that includes the wheels and service pack.

Loxy, is this HP, PCP or what? I'm not clued up on finance. Also do you actually own the car or get to own it at the end?

PCP and we've deliberately fudged the figures, saying I will do 14k miles a year to keep the monthly payments up and final payment down.

I put £10k down at the start and BMW put another £3,750 in on top of that (which essentially offsets the interest of what is left), I then pay roughly £350 a month for 47 months. At this point the car will be worth circa £20-22k looking at cars on the market now, and I will have the option to pay £13k (balance/GFV) to keep it or part-ex the car against another BMW, with the part-ex being whatever value they give me (£20k say) less what I have left (£13k) giving me roughly £7k against a new one. Or do the unfathomable and hand it back and walk away with nothing. You'd be mad to do the latter, you'd just buy it off BMW then sell it privately and pocket the change.

The car remains the property of BMW finance throughout, though you pay for servicing and repairs etc.

I thought about straight finance, but putting £10k in and BMW's £3,750 worked out at £550ish a month which didn't make sense to me.

I get a bonus in my new job, so the idea is to stick half of that away over the next 3 years and when the 47 months is up, I should have the £13k to buy the car outright. Then I can do what I want with it, keep it, sell it or part-ex with roughly £20k to play with. Could get an M3 or a then model CTR, that sort of thing.

Back