• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Plasma Blue WRX STi Saloon

If I could justify the fuel cost, I would sell my left nut for an Impreza. Yours looks much more grown up than the older ones.

Fuel costs are not too bad, but it depends on your mileage and your foot on the loud pedal. In mine I get from 30-35 on longer journeys and 20-24 on urban journeys to work, teens when giving it beans.

True, I'm getting about 23-24mpg running about with mine on the Sport# Si-Drive setting and that includes a 13 mile each way commute on a mixture of roads.

That's not too much different from my FN2.

It's just the bigger tank on the Subaru that makes it seem more painful but it's really not.

I had it into the Subaru dealer today. Air con wasn't holding gas and it turned out to be the condensor had a leak. There wasn't any sign of an impact from a stone etc., so it is getting done free on warranty.

True, I'm getting about 23-24mpg running about with mine on the Sport# Si-Drive setting and that includes a 13 mile each way commute on a mixture of roads.

That's not too much different from my FN2.

It's just the bigger tank on the Subaru that makes it seem more painful but it's really not.

I had it into the Subaru dealer today. Air con wasn't holding gas and it turned out to be the condensor had a leak. There wasn't any sign of an impact from a stone etc., so it is getting done free on warranty.

I suppose that isn't actually that bad... It's just scary when people talk about early 20's mpg, but to be fair, I think most stuff I've owned has in reality been in that ball park with the way they have been driven.

534256_215468058610605_1727725944_n.jpg

I asked about a boot lid on Tuesday, they were going to get me a price and ring me back but haven't yet. I'll ask again when they ring back about booking in to get the air con done.

He did say it comes unpainted though, so that'd add to the cost a bit more...

Just took it out for a midnight run, which is the first time I've driven it since Tuesday.

15°C outside and virtually no traffic. First proper stab of the throttle when it had warmed up was just
icon_lol.gif
worthy. Covers ground stupidly quickly when you're pressing on.

Needs a louder exhaust though. Yes, more than a BGW.

Just read all this and its nice reading how excited you was and giving a honest review at the same time.

Its always interesting to see peoples next car, I often think what I want or would choose. I think a turbo 4WD is a logical step up for a lot.

Its a great colour! It looks understated I think too, Id leave the wing off really...more area to clean :p

Oh forgot to ask what you think of the Dunlop Sport 01s? Ive read mixed reviews on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just took it out for a midnight run, which is the first time I've driven it since Tuesday.

15°C outside and virtually no traffic. First proper stab of the throttle when it had warmed up was just :lol: worthy. Covers ground stupidly quickly when you're pressing on.

Needs a louder exhaust though. Yes, more than a BGW.

This cooler air is quite nice for the cars isn't it Loxy ? :cool:

Everytime I check back on this thread I think, lucky ba5tard :lol:
Pleased to hear you are still liking the STi.

I honestly thought this was a joke photo.

Looks more like a Salvador Dali painting than an advert of what someone can do with a body kit. :lol:
Melted front end FTL.

Aye, it's not the prettiest kit is it. :lol:

This cooler air is quite nice for the cars isn't it Loxy ? :cool:

Everytime I check back on this thread I think, lucky ba5tard :lol:
Pleased to hear you are still liking the STi.

It certainly seemed to pick up well with the cooler air that's for sure.

Cheers. I've been feeling guilty about buying it recently, with the impending house move and all. I'm at the bank this afternoon to talk mortgages, so I'll hopefully feel a bit less so by this evening. :oops:

House is now sorted and in progress.

I went to the bank but due to the lack of a mortgage advisor on site, despite me having an appointment to talk mortgages (?!), we couldn't talk figures.

I've got an appointment for next Thursday now, and I've been assured the mortgage advisor will be there. :roll:

Anyhow, we got what we wanted for our house so the STi should be safe for now. :)

In semi related news, confused.com quote at the old house for renewal with on street parking is £410, at the new house £550. No difference whether parked on the street, drive or garage. :lol:

Good to hear Loxy.

When I bought my X, I asked how much money I'd save if I turned the tracker on. No difference as the car is valued under £20k

Yea my new ones got a Tracker too but makes no difference to insurance if I have it on or not. Ill have it activated though for a bit more peace of mind.

Back