• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Im not having a pop at you at all Loxy, I am just filling in some info that I have experienced with my setup. :)

Try and clarify some of the bits....

One of the reasons I chose my mods is not to be the fastest FN2 (as we are constantly reminded that they'll never be as fast as a EP3. LOL!) but I got some great deals on some parts that would be stupid not to take advantage of and I have learn't from previous cars that you often get what you paid for....for example my last car I went for all irmscher parts rather than cheap crap and it was worth every penny, the build quality and fitment of everything was perfect so much so that I even fitted all spoilers, bumpers, splitters and bonnet extension myself! I normally run a mile to my mate when it comes to drilling bodywork but it was made so easy.

My aim for my car was to satisfy my needs so it goes quick, stops well and is subtle but noticable, I also like to go to shows and show off the details, that's why I went for samcos (even though the supposidly sap 100000 BHP according to everyone! LOL) and carbon fibre...I love a decent looking engine bay as over the years I have gone from noticing big bodykits and stuff to the small details that people put in.

Another reason I went for the Gruppe M on my car was because certain tuners told me it wouldn't fit and there was no way it would work so I wanted to go out to prove them wrong :)

Unless your going all out to make the fastest FN2 N/A or FI and have a unlimited budget then the HKS is definatly the best option to go for...half the price of other kits, well known name in the tuning world (not knockoff crap) and there is no way somebodys gonna feel the difference of 4bhp!

The FN2 Gruppe M isn't loud at all compared to the EP3 one but its hard to hear the sounds of different mods on youtube, I still try it all the time but you really do have to hear stuff in the flesh to full understand it. :(

I got 280bhp on Eurospecs and AMDs dyno...that was when I had the 3.3" pulley on though so I took the readings I got as pretty accurate, I rolling roaded at 200bhp when the car was completely standard.

I just think that the readings that SOME cars came out with on that Dyno day were abnormally high, even for standard cars to be 15-20bhp over standard power surely is abit excessive. One example is a Focus ST170 with induction kit RR'd at 185bhp....unless its been so finely mapped to suit that theres no way a induction kit would give 15bhp without other mods to go with it.

Well........It looks nice.
That's about as far as we got. Sorry.

When we tried installing it, it became quickly apparent that its actually designed for LHD cars as the power steering motor fouls against the manifold.

Be nice to try it on a left hander if someone fancies a trek to the UK.
Could even arrange to do this at TDi South if necessary as its not so far to go.

Oh well, at least they tried. I even asked Neil if the power steerting motor could be relocated, but that's a definate no...

Sebatical for a bit now I think and save for cams, Toda balancer shaft delete kit and RRC now then... I'm thinking of getting the whole lot done at the same time. ;)

Oh well, at least they tried. I even asked Neil if the power steerting motor could be relocated, but that's a definate no...

Sebatical for a bit now I think and save for cams, Toda balancer shaft delete kit and RRC now then... I'm thinking of getting the whole lot done at the same time. ;)

May as well get a stroker kit at the same time mate :eek: !!!

Went and took a picture of the ride height now it's had a week to settle. Wife's car on standard 1.8i FK2 springs behind it.

(Depending on your screen res, you might have to scroll across to get the front wheel.)
Sdc11575.jpg

Had chance to have a bit of a hoon about yesterday as the roads were drying up and the temperature was hovering around 7C. I thought that the FRSU was a big improvement but these springs are fantastic. The car corners as flat as you like and it is really predictable when it is going to let go.

I would recommend these springs to anyone. :smt023

On a side note, went to a well known tyre place (not a Kwik-fit fitter...) to have my Falkens fitted.

He said they get a lot of people in who come from a Honda main dealer who have Bridgestones fitted asking for new tyres. He said that the outside tread pattern is already raised up to 1.6mm, he showed me where it is the same height as the 1.6mm wear indicators on the main part of the tread. He said Honda dealers have a habit of measuring this outer bit and telling people they need new tyres when they don't. He measured them at 4mm and said they absolutely do not need changing. :rolleyes:

Two FK452s in the spare room for a bit then! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Loxy - Hondas wear the tyres out on the outside of the tyre more than the inside? That's odd? :/

He said they get a lot of people in who come from a Honda main dealer who have Bridgestones fitted asking for new tyres. He said that the outside tread pattern is already raised up to 1.6mm, he showed me where it is the same height as the 1.6mm wear indicators on the main part of the tread. He said Honda dealers have a habit of measuring this outer bit and telling people they need new tyres when they don't. He measured them at 4mm and said they absolutely do not need changing. :rolleyes:

Funny you should mention that John, mine had it's 37.5k service last week and they said my front tyres were 78% worn at 5mm and the rears (done about 1500miles) were 48% worn at 7mm...... They have 8mm on them new! :lol:

Loxy - Hondas wear the tyres out on the outside of the tyre more than the inside? That's odd? :/

No they don't.

Funny you should mention that John, mine had it's 37.5k service last week and they said my front tyres were 78% worn at 5mm and the rears (done about 1500miles) were 48% worn at 7mm...... They have 8mm on them new! :lol:

:lol: someone needs to learn maths at that honda dealership

Well, drove it to TDi-North and back today and I've remembered what it is all about! :)

Paul sorted the knocking from the front end. It was a drop-link that are a bugger to tighten up had popped out! :eek:

B__2700.jpg

#10 on here I think from what Paul was saying.

Sorted now and it was a smooth and quiet (suspension at least) trip home!

Booked in on the 17th of Jan for the next mod, not a new manifold this time!

As above, I need new droplinks. Apparently the general story with MR2s is angle griding the old ones off :lol: I can hear knocking from the front. Pleasant that yours was an easier fix.

Fitting in the morning! ;)

Sdc11598.jpg

Sdc11605.jpg

Sdc11601.jpg

Flash gets in the way, taking a picture without flash is equally disappointing. Looks fantastic in the metal!

Put the camera on a book, bump the ISO up a bit and take a few different photo's at longer exposures with AV set as low as it'll go till you get a good shot. :)

I fitted mine the other week mate - 30 seconds to do, and a great subtle improvement. Really do like the aesthetics of Skunk2 stuff.

Back