• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

[video=youtube;zkgTR-OXu3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkgTR-OXu3I[/video]

Night time, including someone pulling out in front of me, presumably because they saw blue lights and it somehow made sense to them. I pulled into the gap they left...

Err, yep. I can see me blurring the speedo pretty much all of the time on this cam.

I've started swerving to avoid them. I might get one of those stickers... :lol:

Rear camera mounted. Cable through the headlining, through the OEM rubber into the bootlid frame and out at the bottom. Excess cable was cable tied to the heated screen cables behind the bootlid trim on the OS. All of the bootlid trim just pulls and popped off, helped with the trim tools I bought ages ago. Worth their weight those things.

Easy peasy, but top tip, washing up liquid on a bit of electrical cable as a pull rope worked wonders through the bootlid rubber. :D

You can barely see it as the rears are tinted, oh and dirty. Wiped for the pic.

IMAG4081.jpg

Wider shot.

IMAG4082.jpg

View from the back seat. You can barely see it in the mirror.

IMAG4083_1.jpg

Ideally I would have put it at the top of the main window, however the spoiler took up a good portion of the view, as did the split in the window. In the location I've chosen, it is lower down but you do get an unobstructed view.

I'll do a vid later no doubt. :lol:

Nice one, done a great job there. Need to do this in mine and especially in my work van. Have a GoPro for car but it's annoying always making sure it's charged & have spare batteries topped up for longer trips.

What software do you use to blur out the speedo? I've wanted to blur out licence plates on a couple of runs but couldn't find a easy to use piece of software to do it. Realise the fact licence plates move about creates more problems than your stationary speedo but might be worth a try still.

Cheers Nick. I'm pretty pleased with it.

What software do you use to blur out the speedo? I've wanted to blur out licence plates on a couple of runs but couldn't find a easy to use piece of software to do it. Realise the fact licence plates move about creates more problems than your stationary speedo but might be worth a try still.

YouTube oddly enough. On a PC, go to their video editor and it's one of the advanced options. You can blur multiple sections, lock it to a specific area like the speed in my case, or it will track whatever you put it over. Pretty well thought out really.

The picture quality on that is mint. Very tempted by something like this - too many scammers on the road and if it proves an accident wasn't your fault just once it pays for itself.

I'm afraid I generally pay for someone to do the work on my car as then I know it'll be done right but that looks a good job done Loxy

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Seriously?! I never even thought of using theirs. Cheers mate! :)

I know right?! I noticed it the other night and it's so useful!

The picture quality on that is mint. Very tempted by something like this - too many scammers on the road and if it proves an accident wasn't your fault just once it pays for itself.

I'm afraid I generally pay for someone to do the work on my car as then I know it'll be done right but that looks a good job done Loxy

Cheers.

That's exactly why I got it, and what pushed me to go for the rear one too.

Pretty chuffed with the install. My first attempt at something like that.

[video=youtube;zkgTR-OXu3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkgTR-OXu3I[/video]

Night time, including someone pulling out in front of me, presumably because they saw blue lights and it somehow made sense to them. I pulled into the gap they left...

Err, yep. I can see me blurring the speedo pretty much all of the time on this cam.

Is it automatic blurring the speedo or are you doing it Loxy ?

Insurance companies now days ask for full evidence of a accident
If blurring as been recorded and insurance spot that,claim would get Void

It's only blurred for the purposes of media publication, I'd have thought that was obvious?

I've not posted the full output with gps overlay and gps verified speed... but as above in the post where I explained to Nick, it's the video editor in YouTube adding the blurring.

Got a date for the exhaust and sports cat, a week on Monday.

Slight change of plan however. It's being fitted at Cobra HQ in Sheffield and I'm getting the factory tour thrown in. There is a Cineworld across the way too, so might catch a film while I'm there... :lol:

First "Production" system so they want to be 100% on the fitment before they start shipping them.

Ooo, where abouts in Sheffield Loxy. Are cobra any good for FN2 exhausts as I'm Sheffield based like to support local businesses where I can.

I'm assuming if it's near Cineworld then it's Meadowhall / Attercliffe way?

Ooo, where abouts in Sheffield Loxy. Are cobra any good for FN2 exhausts as I'm Sheffield based like to support local businesses where I can.

I'm assuming if it's near Cineworld then it's Meadowhall / Attercliffe way?

Just had a look on Google Maps for what was nearby, so yes probably. Says it's next to Centretainment, Don Valley way.

I've no idea about what they are like for FN2 exhausts. I've seen one post about it and it was very positive. I'll know more about them when I go for a wonder round!

Thanks Loxy. Yeah, feedback would be great. Having driving entirely sensibly and not showing my friends what a type r is all about over the Snake yesterday I'm in the mood for some modest upgrades...

Yeah I would appreciate some sound clips :) I will be getting a cat back system very soon.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The OEM exhaust has really matured over the last 2k miles, but it's still too quiet for my liking. I've got everything crossed that Monday will bring what I'm after!

I gave it wash today in prep as no doubt there will be photos taken by me and Cobra...

IMG_20160514_121157.jpg

IMG_20160514_121112.jpg

Back