• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

With a decat on the Focus.

**** knows on these, no-one has brought out any mods yet.

Well that's a lie, you can get cat-backs but none of them sound decent yet. You can get a sports cat and decat from Scorpion and a 4" decat from Germany, but there are no proven UK mappers yet and I'm not running a decat without a map.

Superchips have a map, but it's a generic map for a standard car which by their own dyno figures would overload the OEM clutch anyway.

No-one has released and/or tested an updated clutch yet and the OEM clutch has been seen to start slipping around 480Nm, stock CTRs are 400Nm.

Basically, without live maps and a better clutch, it's un-tunable.

giphy.gif

For a modder, it's been a bit of a letdown. I'm going to have to start booking track days and spending money in tyres and brakes instead at this rate.

I've not got any questions, see above. I know there's no clutch so there's no point.

Phil's not breaking new ground here. It's just the UK seems to be 3 months behind everyone else, and everyone else doesn't have a clutch either.

Maybe Exedy will get in on the act now they are being delivered in Japan, who knows, but even Mugen have restricted themselves to a cat-back and body kit.

Shouldda got a Megane instead there are loads of mods out for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does any one actually buy french cars

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yea people who like to go fast! seriously though Meganes are popular now and you can get mega power from them. There's a lad with one I know with uprated turbo and a few other bits (not hugely modded) and it keeps up with R8's and other exotica on track. Quite a machine.

still doesn't look like loxy civic

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Depends what you like doesn't it. Some people don't like how the civic looks. Personally I do, although I think I still prefer the Megane. Plus it's easier to make a Megane faster because there are a **** ton of mods available for them. Hopefully they'll develop some for this new civic.

Summer wheels, i.e. original fit with Continental Sport Contact 6s went back on yesterday.

Gave them a good clean front and rear beforehand.

I also did the wife's car and noticed they are Continental Premium Contact 2s. :lol:

IMAG3976.jpg

IMAG3977.jpg

Going to give the car a good clean and vac on Monday as the wheels are the only clean thing about it at the minute. :oops:

Did you ever look into AD08R's like you mentioned? Or is that for when the OEM tyre offerings have passed their usefulness?

Did you ever look into AD08R's like you mentioned? Or is that for when the OEM tyre offerings have passed their usefulness?

Exactly. I've still got 6mm on the new fronts now they're rotated. Going from what others have said about the wear rate, they'll be ready for changing in a couple of months. :lol:

Not too bad then, haha. And after having read your thread from the start, what was that guys problem regarding mapping?! You'd think he was romantically involved. :lol:

I got round to fitting one of RickHondaR's footwell kits with dimmer module today.

Apologies to Rick. I've had this kit for a couple of months, but the weather and family stuff have conspired against me.

Anyway, I woke up this morning, the weather was clear and the lad was having a lie in so I cracked on. Even with doing it the long way and unecessarily taking off trim in the footwell to get the kit neat round the CTR GT headunit's amp, zip tied up and tested, it only took me 30 minutes. You could easily do this in 10 minutes if you cracked on.

This is a quick video I did running down through the different brightness preset settings, and then back up through the individual levels available to 100%.

[video=youtube;FXtWs7IG6kE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXtWs7IG6kE[/video]

Apologies for the shonky pictures. I'll have to get some better ones at dusk, but in pitch black tonight I had to have a long exposure which meant they are quite blurry.

Min:
SDC13065.jpg

50%
SDC13067.jpg

100%:
SDC13070.jpg

Side on:
SDC13073.jpg

Very pleased with the kit though. It perfectly compliments the factory fit ambient lighting in the door pockets and interior door handles and the instructions were very easy to follow.

Cheers Rick!

Is it on permanently or just when you open the doors? I wired my old kit to be on when the lights were on, much prefer that to the ones in the Fez that just come on when the door's open.

Is it on permanently or just when you open the doors? I wired my old kit to be on when the lights were on, much prefer that to the ones in the Fez that just come on when the door's open.

It's on with the lights, which is the same as the LED lights in the door handles and door pockets.

It also comes with a remote, so you can turn it off if you want, along with some funky strobe function that I don't think will ever get used. :lol:

Back