• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

Just got back from a work trip down at Stansted. Drove down on Monday and back today.

440 mile round trip and I averaged 38.7 real world mpg on the way down and 38.6 mpg on the way back. 41.3 and 41.1 indicated respectively.

It ran like a clock. Did the drive back in one 4 hour stint too. The seats are too comfy!

Doing the same journey again in a couple of weeks.

That is very good fuel economy for such a powerful engine. Think I can use this to justify buying one to the missus..hmm mm

I have only managed to average 34mpg in the mini so far, that's been the best effort lol

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Just got back from a work trip down at Stansted. Drove down on Monday and back today.

440 mile round trip and I averaged 38.7 real world mpg on the way down and 38.6 mpg on the way back. 41.3 and 41.1 indicated respectively.

It ran like a clock. Did the drive back in one 4 hour stint too. The seats are too comfy!

Doing the same journey again in a couple of weeks.

Cant grumble with that - my FN2 is sat on 30mpg
No doubt after later on today it will be down a bit less lol :lol:

Err, 10%.

:lol:

That's pretty impressive fuel efficiency actually. I'm starting to think it wouldn't have been any more expensive if I'd bought one of these instead of my diseasle! How are you finding the paint? I've lost some on the front end of mine already, makes me wonder how these are going to hold up.

Stone chips? Oh, yes it is definitely a Honda. I'm not a tailgater either or maybe I've just been unlucky.

If I do keep it long term I am going to have to book it in to have the front resprayed at some point down the line.

Yep, definitely a Honda. It's killing me inside seeing the number of chips and dings already, it's so much worse as it's my first brand new car. Maybe bonnet bras are going to make a comeback....

I've seen them on the FK2. Still not convinced, but it would help protecting the thing.

Some people have had products like Venture Shield fitted, but it's a bit late when you are 12 months down the line and it is already covered. I found one on the roof a couple of weeks ago.

Touch up pen to the rescue.

FxpsCQ.gif

I was talking to a guy with a champ white FN2 today and our body shop guys do a bonnet and front wings repaint for something like £300.
Bonnet on my FN2 has taken a few hits over the years, but I've just covered them up with touch up pen.

Only panel that isn't mint tbh

Loxy - what about once resprayed the protection film? Not sure on the cost but worth looking at?

Yeah. I've seen quotes anything from £2k to £380 for the front bumper, splitter, wings and bonnet.

Finally got a drive by.

[video=youtube;ssWvD8l9fIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssWvD8l9fIw[/video]

Back