• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

It was dry and the car was clean so I went for a slow pose through the middle of town after the gym this morning.

I never do that. What has this car done to me?!

:lol:

If you've got it...flaunt it :D

Good on you. I saw my first FK2 the other day and it was Milano Red. Looked like he was trying hard to impress but in reality he was sat in stationary traffic on a roundabout.
Looks great.

My new latest favourite dashboard configuration.

+R, with the temps, oil and boost pressure gauges and the trip computer on on the headunit.

IMAG3750.jpg

New wallpaper.

IMAG3751.jpg

IMAG3752.jpg

That mpg is pretty poor :lol:

It's not been brilliant TBH. I'm either doing short journeys or not really hanging about and tanking it down country lanes, plus purposely building boost and letting off for recirc valve hiss just for giggles doesn't help.

I need to take it for a proper run.

I know dem feels. With the S3 I let the boost build for 1k, dip the clutch and the exhaust pops. Proper child.

I spoke to the guy who owned it before and he was getting 350miles out the tank, I'm getting 250 :lol:

But yeah give it a longer run, more miles to bed in and it should improve.

I've not been doing a lot of miles as I've been on gardening leave for a couple of weeks now.

I don't think the car has done 2k yet, but other people are getting decent figures on runs.

Mpg in the Megane is terrible too. To be fair I cannot help boosting the **** out of it all the time though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I tried to drive it normally it might be better, like you said, I just can't help giving it a bit. I was exactly the same with the Subaru and ST.

I'll give it a try driving sensible this avo...

If I tried to drive it normally it might be better, like you said, I just can't help giving it a bit. I was exactly the same with the Subaru and ST.

I'll give it a try driving sensible this avo...

A difficult task indeed. I've tried to drive all the way to work without giving it some, but as soon as I press the RS button I just cannot help myself

I think on longer journeys it may be better, but the problem with the Megane (and I suspect the civic) is that they are so fun and engaging to drive they just egg you on to drive them hard. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interior layout looks spot on John :) how's the ownership going overall? any particular good/bad points that have come to light during the early days?

I am the same with the Mini at the moment, only getting about 23/24 mpg because the SC whine sound louder around 5/6K rpm lol

Smaller pulley on the cards I think.

Going to start saving then looking to get one of these when they come off the pcp deals me thinks :)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Interior layout looks spot on John :) how's the ownership going overall? any particular good/bad points that have come to light during the early days?

It is getting better every time I drive it to be honest. It's riding a lot smoother on the 18" wheels that is for sure.

No real bad points so far, I'm sure things will start to bug me when I'm commuting to Manchester as the drive will be longer, but up until now it seems to be everything I need!

It is getting better every time I drive it to be honest. It's riding a lot smoother on the 18" wheels that is for sure.

No real bad points so far, I'm sure things will start to bug me when I'm commuting to Manchester as the drive will be longer, but up until now it seems to be everything I need!

Glad to hear you are enjoying it buddy, you deserve it after all the heartache in getting it haha

It looks and sits well on those Team Dynamics wheels, I think the standard wheels suit the car well too so its a good problem to have lol

I am sure its a lot nicer place to sit compared to the FN2/FD2 so hopefully the Manchester commutes wont be too tiring, that was my issue with the EP3 anything over an hour and a half and I found myself getting tired, just me getting old I guess :D

Are you reverting to a hooligan driver John?

Hoonigan to coin a phrase, possibly. When road conditions and traffic allow of course.

I went over to Scouseport to see Hazz this afternoon and managed a whole 32.4 mpg on the way over there and with Hazz and myself having a bit of a tear up down some country lanes it managed 28.3 by the time I got home via the scenic route. The tank average is still laughable on this tank though. :D It doesn't like town driving I don't think, get it on a run where it can stretch its legs and it gets better.

Car looks good lox.
Fuel consumption wise on short journeys or driving hard mine is the same- 21-25mpg.
On motorways cruise though it is really good. I drove from Chester to Stockport and back and it averaged 42mpg. That's almost diesel economy. It can be really good on fuel if you drive careful. But who wants to drive careful in a type R :)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Back