• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lydden This Saturday UPDATED

Anyone in the Kent area near to Lydden Race track

Come and support me as Im sprinting in the morning. Up against my rival in his Astra.

I just got to beat him and the Clio boys again to prove it wasnt a fluke last time.

8)

hi Sara, i was meaning to come see you last time you was at Lydden but i ended up working......Im off this saturday so will definitly come give u some CTR support....Good Luck

Ill be there...Car NO 10

I have a spare pass if you have probs getting in :wink:

Well.....I had a great morning ragging the car round the track, managed to do Hairy Hill in 4th gear and just grabbed 6th before Devils Elbow. :shock:

That was a 'big blonde moment' I went to change down ready for the Elbow and shock....NOOOOO...it cant be sixth gear....am I really going that fast???......Oooh Eck the bend aaagh which gear...... :oops:

What a muppet....I did the same on the second time thro the corner. I just cant believe the speed I got out of Chessons Drift to be able to get 6th???I must have short shifted or Tom's teachings are paying off :wink:
If I hadn't screwed up then I reckon me and the Clio would have swapped postions and I would have got 2nd rather than 3rd but ho hum the fun factor more than made up for it today :D

Im gonna put the Toyo T1S back on for the rest of the season as I think they are better then the T1Rs. That was the only difference with the car today and we actually went .7s slower than last time out.

Oh yeah......the Astra won :evil:

Results:
3rd in Class A2 (7 registered)
2nd in Championship Class
24th Overall (55 finishers)

2.gif

Well Done, sounds like you had a bit of a mare then, bit like that with gears myself lately, must be something to do with the BC short shifter I reckon, going into 4th instead of third is not good :lol:

Carl

Sara said:
Im gonna put the Toyo T1S back on for the rest of the season as I think they are better then the T1Rs. That was the only difference with the car today and we actually went .7s slower than last time out.

:shock:
T1S's better? :?

Did you scrub down the R's though like you said you was going to or do they still have full tread?

Has the Astra had another power upgrade though? :twisted:

Sara, are there limitations to the tyres you can use?

Congrats Sara pity the Astra won, but I guessed that wasnt running according to the rules.

At least you feel as if your getting faster, and thats the main thing

Tart... the Astra is running to his interpretation of the rules , just like my car runs to my interpretation. Neither is illegal. He just has the edge in power and experience,unfortunatly I screwed up -lack of experience.....Ho Hum 8)

Roll on the skid school, track day and autotest- umm Has anyone ever seen a Honda Jazz do an autotest???? Ill let you know how we get on :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back