• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

m1ke's CW FL DC5. No wait, CW JDM DC2, No wait, JRSC EP3, No wait CRV M3 FN2.....

Reliability issues bug me with the Ford, hence no Renault inclusion and all JAP! :)

I'm leaning towards DC5 for 12 months then 3MPS. DC5's hold value quite well, MPS' don't.

Hard choice to be made, I was looking at the mps but £400+ for road tax for a Mazda hatch put me off!

I'd say go for the Impreza. Thats my next move after the EP3.

The MPS does have a lot of problems. Don't forget Mazda isn't what it used to be. I wouldn't bother with the DC5 as it isn't much quicker that the EP3.

The Focus is a good shout though.

I wouldn't bother with the DC5 as it isn't much quicker that the EP3.

It may not be much quicker (I'm guessing you mean straight line speed) but it's a better car overall. Certainly not worth dismissing because they have a similar spec on paper.

Anything with boost, DNW. Not in the current climate anyway. With another kid on the way too.... :lol:

What problems does the MPS have? Have you owned one?
Friend in work has one. It is the early model. Its had the turbo replaced, thrust bearing went at 10k (squeaky) gearbox due to be replaced under warranty as making a woong noise in second. Clonking suspension. Also a new engine mount which was a recall I think.It is a lovely car, and it might just be that he's got a bad egg. I'd still go for the impreza.Good luck bud

It may not be much quicker (I'm guessing you mean straight line speed) but it's a better car overall. Certainly not worth dismissing because they have a similar spec on paper.Anything with boost, DNW. Not in the current climate anyway. With another kid on the way too.... :lol:
Yeah straight line they are similar. I know the teg is better but there are similar and is it worth the hassle of selling for a car with the same engine?I do love the DC5 :)

I have this DC5 itch that needs scratching though... I'll ring insurance just to double check its okay to drive for 0 extra.

Motor traders ftw... I don't want to just put the REG on the database, just in case.

for me if you're going to change now change to something that you won't need to replace in 12 months time. If you're going down the proper family route in a year keep the EP and save up and buy something like a fast Audi which will work as a quick car for you and have the family requirements.

I forgot to mention, we have a CRV for the family days out, the only time I put Jack in (and when the other one comes) is when I'm dropping them off at grandparents at the weekend.

There will be no prams or buggies going in whichever car I chose.

Insurance is now sorting it out for me so I'll hopefully be getting a call back next week, all being well I'll be PX'ing my EP3 with this....

2759487-1.jpg

There is a DIY guide on here in the how to section, it is a common fault with these seats, you get the bolster from capital seating £40 or so then DIY, I have a new bolster here, it is one of those jobs I need to get round to.. failing that I will just add it to the list for TGM to do :lol:

Back