• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

m1ke's CW FL DC5. No wait, CW JDM DC2, No wait, JRSC EP3, No wait CRV M3 FN2.....

Genuine ftw... Especially when you're not paying for it! :) The awesome thing is, he'll take my EP3 in PX for £7500 8)

Insurance is now sorting it out for me so I'll hopefully be getting a call back next week, all being well I'll be PX'ing my EP3 with this....

2759487-1.jpg

Just been looking at this car on the dc5 forum, thought the pictures looked familiar

Yeah, he's on there too! More pics on there as well, looks the real deal tbf.. Don't see many facelifts.

Right, the above one is one to avoid, rust and a boot full of water with the oil on minimum on the dipstick, not good!

So, the hunt goes on, I'll be honest, there isn't many nice ones out there. I have tried pistonheads, autotrader, forums and I've emailed litchfield. Is there anyone else you can recommend?

Criteria is;

Late pre-facelift 53/04Early facelift 04/54/05
Max 60k miles
Championship White with red Recaro.
C pack.
Excellent condition througout.
FSH.
HPI clear.
Standard/lightly modded.
10k max.

I think that's it, if you see any on your travels and don't mind posting them in here that would be awesome. Thanks.

Boot full of water is quite common on DC5's. I've put some drain holes in mine and it's fine.

Indeed, tsunamis dont help either. Maybe it wa a fresh import!? I've been looking a full week and came up with 2, 1 sold, one is pants.

Dam you want a facelift? I can't get past the horrible black accross the back, and the front lights.

I was going to suggest a Evo if you're definatly going to sell again in less than 12 months, or waited for a JRSC DC5. :D

fresh import is your best bet if you want a clean one. Tell the importer exactly what you want. Pay through the nose for it though.

I was searching last night, you can get a low mileage 2006 model for £12500.

Does anyone have a list of all the different auction grades/info, couldn't find last night.

It is a buyers market ,look at getting a late 53/04, I like the facelifts but only with a the Mugen lip kit on them (which commands silly money)

On the auction sites they all seemed to be 01/02 or 05/06 - nothing in between. There's no rush so if I sell the Ctr I'll just get a run around in the mean time. Or borrow my bros EP2..

It comes through the light cluster, mine is water free.. for how long though :eek:

Not necessarily. I sealed all of my light clusters and it was still coming in. I think it's more likely to come in underneath the rubber boot seal as this is just pushed into place. Rain/water runs off the sloping roof, into the gap where the rear window is and around the rubber boot seal. Most of the water will stay on the outside of the seal and drain down the gulleys either side of the boot, but some will inevitably get underneath the seal and into the boot.

I've tried putting sealant under this rubber boot seal as well and although this reduced the amount of water coming in, it didn't stop it completely. (I sat in a stripped out boot while my dad sprayed water over the car to spot where the water was coming in :lol:).

Back