• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

m1ke's CW FL DC5. No wait, CW JDM DC2, No wait, JRSC EP3, No wait CRV M3 FN2.....

I'm going data log it in kmanager then upload the results, there is a graph in all the paperwork, looks like most JRSC power curves tbh.

I'll post it up tomorrow.

It was mapped on Henry Roy's dyno, alot of Scottish rave about him being awesome but there's been a good few cars with ridiculous readings from that dyno that's made me laugh.

If air/fuel is fine then I wouldn't worry. But I would take it to TDI and get it all checked and tweaked as appropriate as the cars they've mapped have been very good recently, and you don't exactly have far to travel :)

Glad you are liking it though dude. That whine is awesomesauce.

Cool. I've been looking at facelift Focus STs (lol) there's a Ford dealer down the road from me so I think I'll go have a test drive. 4 doors and relatively comfortable. R32 DSG is on the short list but they ain't really quick enough.

Cool. I've been looking at facelift Focus STs (lol) there's a Ford dealer down the road from me so I think I'll go have a test drive. 4 doors and relatively comfortable. R32 DSG is on the short list but they ain't really quick enough.

Getting one of the plug and play chips is a must if you go down the ST route chap. Bluefin/Code Red/Dream Science, whatever. I'd suggest driving a standard one and seeing if you can get a drive in a chipped one to see the difference before making your mind up against the Golf.

I was going to say - the R32 should be quick enough for anyone who is using it on the public roads.

ST would be chipped though, one of the ones TJ mentioned. Not so easy to get so much extra power out of the R32.

R32 noise and toys with ST power required. :(

Save clogging up T-meisters thread, would you mind moving it over to mine please Bear?

ST would be chipped though, one of the ones TJ mentioned. Not so easy to get so much extra power out of the R32.

R32 noise and toys with ST power required. :(

New Focus RS it is then.

They look brilliantly over the top.

Get a V8. Even better noise and even more power. Just :-$ about the fuel economy and insurance.

Would love a V8, but it boils down to your budget and situation. Mikes got kids etc, so as lovely as it would be to own a thirsty tank, the little fcukers take priority.

Insurance in the ST will be about £250 cheaper than the DC5 for me Mike.

Insurance isn't an issue. I'm on the business traders policy for social and domestic. I don't mind low 20mpg's but balls to going lower than that. I'm not on a Bear wage.

Haha, bloke over the road has a 54 S4. 4.2 V8, sounds immense. I want something newer though. Will only have around 13k to spend too.

Have you driven a V8? You might not like the power delivery. They feel deceptively tame compared to a boosted motor.

Doesn't help that most V8s runs GT-style gearing by comparison to what is the norm on this forum. Nothing really seems to be happening so you push the throttle harder and hold it down for longer, before suddenly realising that you're piling past 140 and not slowing :twisted:

Back