• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

m2 motorsports cat back exhaust anyone got it ?

Lol, I'm amazed I haven't had complaints from the neighbours yet. I was at the police station yesterday (found a stray dog and the girlfriend insisted on driving around for an hour to find the shelter with a dog that stunk like DEATH), got a couple raised eyebrows, but no problems.

What are you expecting to happen?

No idea, probably a Section 59 as they need 0 evidence or proof to give you one of those. Its unfortunate I live in a snobby area where most people look down on me for owing a 2002 Honda :/ I have a police officer coming into work in a min as we've had some of our ipads stolen (im an IT tech in a school) so I'll ask him what to expect! Doubt it will be good though, im running with the baffle in for now incase I do get pulled over before I go to the station. Sounds awful with it in haha! I would put the oem box on when I go but one of the hangers is snapped :/

Unlucky bud. I'm fortunate that all my neighbours are scummy as ****, no complaints from them, though I live in fear for my wheelnuts....

I've got in the habit of putting the bung in for early mornings/late nights, just until I'm out the street then out it comes. I think i'd get some abuse if I cold started that thing at 0330 when I'm on the early shift!

I never usually leave early and if I do I use the bung anyway, im guessing it may have also been someone on the street who did not appreciate it, although I don't drive like an idiot on the street either, just sometimes when its through a tunnel and my windows are down ;) but other than that I only really open the taps on NSL A/B roads. Such a shame if I do have to remove it as I love the sound :(

I fitted the m2 4" slash tip backbox today and with already having a sportex racetube all i can say is WOW it sounds monsterous no wonder it comes with a bung!!

I know it's a old thread but I'm running the same setup with a dc sports decat manifold far too loud lol getting a silencer fitted soon hopefully quiet it down a bit

When we went to see the track EP3 the lad had put on an M2 cat-back on. Without any silencers, man that was loud even at idle. Negotiated to have that taken off before we picked the car up to bring home as it was only going in the bin, no good for track.

Aye I'm just going to get rid of it sounds horrible can't see it being better with a silencer just going to get a scorpion cat back hopefully to fit onto the dc manifold

There's a chap on here "Scottish Type R" who has a Mugen Twinloop cat back which is a pretty quiet exhaust. Food for thought.

My last one I welded a ebay universal box on it and sounded amazing nice n deep I hate the raspy noise I like the scorpion 4" but prefer the jap angled it's murder getting a nice sound definitely getting the m2 off lol I'll look into the mugen twin loop sounds good
Cheers guys

Looks a good system but steep for me the scorpion back box is 220 then I'd probably get a silenced middle section to I don't want to spend to much just a weekend car to mess about with

I've got a Toda Titanium backbox with a cobra silenced b pipe, pretty sure the cobra is shot inside *** as it's making tinny noises when I hit it and upon cold start I can hear vibrations from there, which get amplified through the Toda.

Not sure what to do, the Toda is meant to be a reasonably quiet and well performing exhaust so perhaps I need a silenced B pipe to go with it (Maybe M2? if it's not too bad of a fit) but the catalytic converter is not in a great state... I even doubt i ll be able to take the existing B pipe off it, it's so corroded that the flange has melted.

Only way I think to fix this is 4-2-1 mani with silenced b pipe and a reasonably quiet back box to keep noise levels down from the decat... is that even possible for reasonable money?

Back