• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

m2 silenced back pipe

Hi, will this centre section fit the standard back box ok? and does it make it louder. Don't mind a bit of extra noise but I don't want loads of noise and drone. standard centre section on mine has just started to blow.

Im not sure ive seen anyone running a 2.5 silenced b pipe with OEM box, only unsilenced.
I have been thinking about doing the same myself recently though, less noise = less unwanted attention.
I would expect it to be the quietest option apart from the standard pipe which is very restrictive.
There will be a small increase of noise especially when the throttle is fully opened.
If you don't mind a bit of noise then id say go for it, you wont get drone etc with this as you don't get drone with the unsilenced really.
You will need donut / doughnut (not sure on difference or correct spelling) gasket for between backbox and this pipe.
Then a flat gasket for the cat end.

nengun-527480-00-unknown-gasket_triangle_60-e87caf19fa.jpg

one of these 3x31 I think

Hi, I used to have a silenced 2.5" Sportex to a OEM back box. Sounded stock perhaps a marginally deeper tone, no real difference. Don't know how long the previous owner had it but it started blowing on the box.

Switched to a unsilenced 2.5" Sportex pipe to the OEM box. Quite a nice raspy tone, not at all loud but without the drone. Pretty much a stop gap until a HKS.

I'm not after increasing power or anything so happy with one that doesn't sound very loud. I've just had a quote back for a custom centre section at £170 fitted. works out a bit cheaper than buying the m2 and getting it fitted.

will do :) over the course of a day mine has gotten twice as loud now. so don't think its going to last long like it is. Going to try and take a trip to see the guy at dinner time today to confirm its the centre section and also get it booked in.

well went to the exhaust place. and its going to need back box and middle section. so booked it in. £400 fitted 2.5inch cat back. with standard looking back box :)

No its a place in leeds called tony banks. I've read lots of good reviews online. Saw some of there work when I was there.

was that some sarcasm there ;). I've seen plenty of good reviews and some work so I'm happy to use him. Saying that I've emailed STG to see if they can get me in sooner as the exhaust is doing my head in now.

well my car is being done with Tony STG came back but don't have space till September and my mot is due end of month so needs sorting before that :)

Back