• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

M2 Super Street (spoon n1 rep)

i am also looking at one of these, the only thing that it says about them is that they are track safe and under 98db

I've got the M2 japcan backbox. The quality is ok, perfectly acceptable for the price.

With an unsilenced pipe they are loud. I had the unsilenced b-pipe with the oem back box, it was louder than stock but not by much. When I put on the M2 it became offensively loud, so the oem muffler must be quite effective. I imagine that the oem b-pipe with an M2 box will be quite a lot louder than stock, but not batsh*t crazy loud. I think 100-110db sounds about right.

Yeah, the mot noise test is subjective, there isn't a volume that will automatically fail. On my last mot, the head mechanic at the Honda dealership called me up to say it wouldn't pass. So I went down and fitted the bung, a different mechanic came out to have a listen and passed it. He also mentioned that the head mechanic was a tool and that he didn't think it was unreasonable without the bung anyway. So it comes down to who is testing it; dealerships will undoubtedly have lower tolerances that tuning garages.

You shouldn't have a problem with a silenced b-pipe.

Ah cool, thanks for your help guys. I'm going to keep the silenced b-pipe as after owning motorbikes with ear bleedingly loud exhausts my heaing has deffinatly taken a bit if a battering haha

Yep, I'm saving for a custom and that will definitely have a silencer! Loud is fun, but with spending all day around jet engines, I'm toning it down before I lose me hearing completely.

It's worth looking at custom builders, they can be cheaper than you might think and you can tailor the sound to exactly what you want.

if you do end up getting one post video or something on here as i am really interested in these as well :)

Yeah i will do, i havnt found a video yet of the set up i'll be running, so it'll be good to share with others that are interested

hey , did you ever get one fitted ?

Im pretty sure thats the one im interested in (about £160 on ebay) , i love the N1 style look im just a little nervous about ordering one as i dont want anything crazy loud.
Ive tried watching video after video on you tube but dont really think i can gauge it very well on lap top speakers.

Ive had a nissan almera Gti in the past which i had a 4 " back box on that was fairly quiet but then when i had the cat replaced with a straight pipe it sounded like a motor bike really with loads of pops and bangs but struggled to talk to passengers due to noise. I loved it on a random burn but for day to day was too much for me.

I also more recently had a clio 182 with miltek cat back (R.I.P) otherwise standard which sounded great overall noise wise but was dissapointed by the fact that could never get any popping when you let off.

Would i be right in thinking it would be the same scenario with the civic as in if i just change the back box it would be fairly mild sounding in comparison to changing the b pipe too ?
Ideally id like a nice deep tone on idle with more of a raspy note in v tec and the odd let off pops from high revs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

The M2 full system with an un silenced centre will be LOUD!! My friend had one after having a straight piped 240sx, he put a silencer in the centre within a week it was so annoying.

Nah i haven't gotten round to getting one yet, i too am slightly worried about how loud it will be, having owned stupidly loud motorbikes in the past i don't think i can handle loud exhausts anymore haha.

Back