• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

M62 50MPH Limit = Pure MPG!!!! (210 miles on 1/2 a tank)

Hi Everyone,

Just had approximately 210 miles on half a tank of fuel (+ what was in the pipe after I brimmed it)...

Filled up and got on the M6 J18 and hypermiled it to the M62 via M60 S+E to Chadderton where I cut through to the M62 - it was pretty much a 50mph limit from when I got on until the A1M turn off - which is where I came off to go up to Ripon. My destination was 8 miles approx west of Ripon. When I had arrived I had only used 1/4 of a tank according to the guage...

So, when I left, I thought I would hypermile it back home - the same route. I got so far as the Stockport turn off on the M60 where the guage was reading bang on half....

Quite impressive! I just wanted to share this with you all!

Fully aware of that stoo. Just thought it would be an interesting experiment while most of the journey was restricted to 50mph. Personally i'd rather save my juice for the ep3's favourite's anyway - A and B Roads and the likes!

I've averaged 40mpg on a trip to Santa pod and back before, went there and back, including 4 runs down the strip, and did 340miles to a tank!!

You used more than half a tank. Using the needle to gauge what you have used is the most inaccurate way of doing so.

By your theory you will get another 200+ miles from this next half a tank of fuel? Nope. The needle takes ages to get to half and then it drops alot quicker from half to empty.

My car for example on a full brimmed tank will take 90 miles of normal driving before it drops from just above the full mark, to full.

You'll get roughly 260-300 miles out of a tank of fuel in an EP3. This has been discussed to death since 2001 over various Internet forums. So I wouldn't bother "hypermiling" whatever the f*ck that is, people have already been to all this boring hassle for you :)

You used more than half a tank. Using the needle to gauge what you have used is the most inaccurate way of doing so.

By your theory you will get another 200+ miles from this next half a tank of fuel? Nope. The needle takes ages to get to half and then it drops alot quicker from half to empty.

My car for example on a full brimmed tank will take 90 miles of normal driving before it drops from just above the full mark, to full.

You'll get roughly 260-300 miles out of a tank of fuel in an EP3. This has been discussed to death since 2001 over various Internet forums. So I wouldn't bother "hypermiling" whatever the f*ck that is, people have already been to all this boring hassle for you :)

If you bothered to read the thread properly, I said half a tank + what was in the pipe...
I didnt mean to imply I would get another 210 miles from the 2nd half - this is pretty obvious if you re-read the thread.

PS - I usually take the initiative to look things up if I don't know what they mean rather than appearing arrogant.

My purpose of submitting this was to make people realise that motorway 50 limits can be used to your advantage if you are looking for ways to save fuel.

5ec57fa5-21f6-5ea0.jpg

If you bothered to read the thread properly, I said half a tank + what was in the pipe...
I didnt mean to imply I would get another 210 miles from the 2nd half - this is pretty obvious if you re-read the thread.

PS - I usually take the initiative to look things up if I don't know what they mean rather than appearing arrogant.

My purpose of submitting this was to make people realise that motorway 50 limits can be used to your advantage if you are looking for ways to save fuel.

:lol:

> Edit this part out please <

Last edited by a moderator:
Back