• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 making my car lighter need help

hi all, what can i remove to make the car a little lighter is it safe to take off the bottom engine cover??

hi all, what can i remove to make the car a little lighter

Remove rear seats and replace fronts with lightweight buckets, remove carpets, remove headlining, remove AC/heater/radio/speakers, lighter wheels, then depending how far you want to go carbon fibre bonnet/tailgate/doors then polycarbonate windows, removing crash beams (not advised unless you are fitting a cage).

is it safe to take off the bottom engine cover??

Explain?

If you mean the undertray then there is little point, it doesn't way a lot and the aerodynamic benefits are greater than the weigh loss benefits.
If you mean the sump, then no...

defo not the sump lol ,need all the seats got kids lol yes it was the undertray sorry. I dont have fog light or ac none gt model ..

As Loxy says, unless you start taking big stuff off you're going to have little if any benefit. You have kids, so seats need to stay, I take you don't want the carpets out either? Or stereo?

Your best option is replacing the heavy items with light weight items in your case ie bonnet, doors, boot, windows, battery.
This will cost a lot though.

As mentioned unsprung weight is best place to loose it.

Back