• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Manifold and sports cat EP3

Hi ya,

i've got a cat-back HKS at the moment and wonding if anyone would know if there is a decent price manifold and sports-cat which would link and fit together,

Thanks,
Russell

Piper are the only ones I know of that make the sports cat. ABP Motorsport or CPL Racing both sell these, have a Google.

Mugen do one also but I its around £2500+ new :lol:

I think TDI North were developing one that could bolt onto any exhaust system so could be worth contacting them.

Jaspeed also do a 200cel cat, not that I've ever seen that item in stock.
I will be going for the piper manifold and cat soon. Will still pass MOT when temps are up.

thanks guys, do you know if this manifold should fit to other aftermarket cat-backs like HKS or mongoose...

You should have no problems with exhaust fittment with the piper manifold and sports cat.
It seems to be the best option unless you can afford to splash out on the Mugen manifold & cat.

Hi ya,

i've got a cat-back HKS at the moment and wonding if anyone would know if there is a decent price manifold and sports-cat which would link and fit together,

Thanks,
Russell

Hi Russell, i'm having the same difficulty as my HKS Hi Power cat back system is knackered at the flange joining to header. So basically I need to change the full setup.
How did you get on with a manifold and sports cat search & replacement? Ive been considering a s/s manifold 4-1 off ebay and a sports cat but have only came across a Japspeed downpipe sports cat. Any advice would be a great help.

Cheers,
Mark

I wouldn't get cheap stuff off ebay tbh, people have had problems with quality, Piper are the best to go for with a sports cat it's been tried and tested and I haven't heard any bad things about them. Either that or the Mugen if you can afford it.

Thanks for the advice Shoonk. Happened on way down to Preston, now driving a tank! Well sounds like one anyway!

I'll have a look for piper sport cat. Unfornately the Mugen wpuld be a prefered choice but budget says otherwise. :(
Do you jnow what the quality issues have been with the ebay manifolds? Also have you heard of any bad reviews on the Sportex 2.5" race tube, i'm a bit concerned that its made from mild steel, would this rust quicker?

Any advice or links would be appreciative.

Mine went on an old Fiesta I once owned people were ducking as I was driving past :lol:.

The Piper manifold and sports cat is decent and around £400-£500 iirc. Japspeed I've heard are O.k but are a 'stumpy' manifold and don't give gains as good as other manifolds, such as, the Piper or DC Sports etc. But if you want one with a sports cat your limited really because I've only ever came across Piper or Mugen. If I change mine it will be for one of them.

It's not just the manifolds off Ebay it's most things, brakes, suspension etc they all seem to be cheap tat (Hence quality issues). My mates bro got an ITR DC5 and got grooved discs, they cracked within 300 miles, I've known others who have bought coilovers and quality is shocking, most people change them then because they are crap, buy cheap buy twice.

As for the Sportex a few have got them on here just use the search box loads should come up, I've heard some have had to chop them to fit them but they don't last as long as stainless steel hence the price.

Another option is the custom route but I didn't have the best experience when I had a catback done so I wouldn't really recommend that route.

Mine went on an old Fiesta I once owned people were ducking as I was driving past :lol:.

The Piper manifold and sports cat is decent and around £400-£500 iirc. Japspeed I've heard are O.k but are a 'stumpy' manifold and don't give gains as good as other manifolds, such as, the Piper or DC Sports etc. But if you want one with a sports cat your limited really because I've only ever came across Piper or Mugen. If I change mine it will be for one of them.

It's not just the manifolds off Ebay it's most things, brakes, suspension etc they all seem to be cheap tat (Hence quality issues). My mates bro got an ITR DC5 and got grooved discs, they cracked within 300 miles, I've known others who have bought coilovers and quality is shocking, most people change them then because they are crap, buy cheap buy twice.

As for the Sportex a few have got them on here just use the search box loads should come up, I've heard some have had to chop them to fit them but they don't last as long as stainless steel hence the price.

Another option is the custom route but I didn't have the best experience when I had a catback done so I wouldn't really recommend that route.

Haha. Aye it is a good way of getting attention anyway! Yeah i've been researching the Japspeed & Piper manifold & sports cat. I'm ordering the Japspeed 4-1 Manifold & Hi Flow Sport Cat. Was really considering the DC manifold but wasn't sure if the Japspeed sports cat would be compatible with it so opted to keep both cat & manifold same manufacture. Have you heard any reviews on the Japspeed sports cat & manifold? Also i'm not sure if need o2 simulator for sports cat. Any ideas or advice?

Yeah your right about the ebay quality. Ive bought a set of pads from them before & turned out to be poor quality & not a great fit in the caliper slides. But cheap buy twice indeed.

Ive order my Sportex B-Pipe aswell. Im unfortunately on a budget for the whole system & require my car to be fixed & back on road for next weekend. Will be looking to upgrade to the Supersprint or Spoon centre pipe/section in few months. Im not sure about the sound will produce, anybody had links or vid links for a sportex b pipe with oem backbox or japspeed manifold/sports cat with oem backbox?

Many thanks!

Hi Marko, reviving an old thread here but interested in the Japspeed mani and sports cat. How did you find yours? Also is this safe to run without remap as I'm not looking to if I can avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Marko, reviving an old thread here but interested in the Japspeed mani and sports cat. How did you find yours? Also is this safe to run without remap as I'm not looking to if I can avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I would also be interested to know this...currently saving for a piper mani and sports cat and Fujitsubo b pipe and rear as current standard exhaust has had it!

EDIT: wrong year...dead.

Have a look at speed fab or solid fab manifolds, they can have a sports cat added when the build them. I just bought a speedfab manifold with a HJS CAT which is significantly better quality than piper or crapspeed.

Have a look at speed fab or solid fab manifolds, they can have a sports cat added when the build them. I just bought a speedfab manifold with a HJS CAT which is significantly better quality than piper or crapspeed.

Appreciate that fella..thanks

When I took the track car to Tegiwa I was informed that you can run a full exhaust with decat without remapping fine. If you then add an inlet manifold such as RBC, Skunk2 etc then you will need a remap to run safely.

Back