• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Manifold for a civic sport

Hi I was wondering what the best manifold would be for a EP2? And is heat wrap a good idea? Thanks ben

Do not want.

£90 manifold = FAIL. keep the standard one chap. They clean up really easily with a can of GUNK btw.

oh ok lol thanks for letting me no. i just want a tiny bit more power from the car any thing you can suggest?

yeah i might just make the car look nicer instead of trying to make it faster. Thanks guys

Tend to agree with the comments above, its a waste of money trying to get more power from it therefore just save for the Type R, if you have done the spoiler and wheels thats about as far as you need to go. Re-sale will be much easier in standard form power wise fella.

oh ok lol thanks for letting me no. i just want a tiny bit more power from the car any thing you can suggest?

you could strip it and fit lightweight parts if your hellbent on spending cash. add some coilovers and itll be fractionally better than what you've got now.

or you could be sensible and save your money.

As I owned an EP1 before, I was on an other forum, and there was a guy, who got his EP2 to over 160hp N/A...
As far as I can remember, it was a pain to get there and a real £££ operation.

My plan was to get my EP1 boosted for under 1000£ (mostly by doing most of the work with my friend, who is an exentric mechanic) The major problem was the engine mapping...
I got myself an Emanage Blue, turbo kit from a crashed police car, intercooler from a BMW E36, and many other parts from the scrapyard, got myself a D16Z6 intake + 240cc injectors...

All would be do-able, except for the mapping...
I fit the Emanage to the ECU by improvising and comparing to an S2000 scheme... All worked out, until a guy contacted me, claiming he tried before and came to the conclusion the emanage wouldn't work because of open/closed loop issues...

At that point... I gave up...

Option was Dastek, whish isn't found in Belgium and Hondata (s300 if I remember correctly), whish isn't found either.
So, I would have to drag the car to the UK, to get it mapped, which would be a multi 1000£ job, so I gave up for good on my Turbo EP1...

I was stuck with 90hp....
Until I got my EP3...

If you want to boost/upgrade your ep2, go ahead! But be prepared for a very costly adventure of despair and misery...

:( it seems crazy that it is much easyier to make a car like a clio or some other chavmobile alot faster than a 1.6 civic. i just dont understand why my car is as it seems the worst car to tune lol oh well at least it looks good :)
Thanks for the help guys. Ben

Can you imagine how I felt with my EP1 - 90hp SOHC no-VTEC?

On the other hand, I am the proud owner of an EP3 now, and still feel bad about the tunability of it. I calculate a power to price ratio of around 40hp-2600£
I spent around 12.000£ on the car (Facelift EP3 = RARE in Belgium)

For that price, I got myself a Nissan silvia s14, tuned, let's say, 300whp...

Don't feel bad man, My best friend drives a stock Lancer EVO IX MR, and was scared of the cornering abilities of my CTR. I know he smokes me on the straight, but at cornering and braking, he becoms dust in my rear mirror. I let him take the wheel of my CTR and he confirmed the shifting, braking (ds2500 pads) and chassis stiffness beats his EVO...

Power comes at a price mate, the servicing of this "faster" EVO comes at a price twice my EP3. The servicing of my EP3 comes twice the price your EP2 and your EP2 really isn't a bad drive at all, as I loved my 90hp EP1 ...

Really, you don't have to feel bad....

However,

If you really look for horses on your EP2,

Your best chanse would probably swap the crappy plastic D16V1 intake manifold for a D16Z6 model, get a unichip on that and that should get you around 140hp.
I warn you though, it will need welding and some major tweaks,

so if you don't have some technically skilled friends, it's a no go anyway...

Tuning an EP1/EP2 is a pain. You could spend around 3000£ and hope for 160hp max.
At that point, you'd better consider an EP3

However,

If you really look for horses on your EP2,

Your best chanse would probably swap the crappy plastic D16V1 intake manifold for a D16Z6 model, get a unichip on that and that should get you around 140hp.
I warn you though, it will need welding and some major tweaks,

so if you don't have some technically skilled friends, it's a no go anyway...

Tuning an EP1/EP2 is a pain. You could spend around 3000£ and hope for 160hp max.
At that point, you'd better consider an EP3

I no this is a long shot but how much do you recon a garage would charge to fit it? I have a mate who is a mechanic but doesnt work in a garage so i dont think he will have the tools. I have seen a couple of D16Z6 manifolds on ebay so might consider this
Many thanks Ben :)

I think a regular garage won't do this mod. And you still need to remap. You cannot drive out of there and expect 30 extra horses.
Better options will be some tuner/garage where they can fit it and map at the same time. You might be looking at 600£ installing alone... probably another 600£ for mapping, and that's excluding all materials needed...

Note this isn't plug and play. A friend of mine fitted this D16Z6 manifold on my EP1 and the car ran, but it couldn't idle, it stalls, cause unknown so far. Imagine a garage charges around 50£/hour trying to fix it, if they can...
I'll have to take a look at it with my OBD2 scantool, try and read out the Fuel trims as the cause would probably be somewhere around there.

Your most cost-effective chanse would be:
turbocharging. 3000£ - around 190hp without having to change internals.

changing manifolds will cost around 2000£ for 140hp, which will get bored pretty soon too.

Very best option, EP3

and still then, Nissan S14/S15 will be be even more cost/power efficient :)

And as I told you, EP2 is nice car man :)

Back