• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Manifolds

Re: Manafolds

shinynsilver said:
Thinking about getting DC Manafold can any1 tell me how good these are?

Good for the price. Not the best though. If you get one, spend some time cleaning it up on the inside as far as you can get in. They leave sharp edges inside which restricts flow. :wink:

Best for gains is Toda but you pay for that.
Next is Jackson with the advantage that you can fit a sport cat inline.
Spoon is probably as good as the Jackson and has the advantage that You can also use the JDM cat if required. Big downer is price on this one.

There are others available some similar price to these and some stupidly expensive but it depends what your after. Balls out power or performance on a budget and if its the latter you wont go wrong with the DC. :wink:

shinynsilver said:
can u get cat / cat bypass to fit with the DC one??

Yes you should have no problems getting a de-cat but not sure which fits with the DC, may depend which exhaust you are mateing it with also?

The DC race headers replace the manifold and cat in one piece, all the way down to the b-pipe (mid-section) of the exhaust. The DC shorty header, can still be used with a decat pipe, or the original cat section.

The Jackson Racing header is the only race header which can be fitted with a sport cat, as it has a separate decat pipe section.

Jon

The DC race headers replace the manifold and cat in one piece, all the way down to the b-pipe (mid-section) of the exhaust. The DC shorty header, can still be used with a decat pipe, or the original cat section.

The Jackson Racing header is the only race header which can be fitted with a sport cat, as it has a separate decat pipe section.

Jon

Correct allthough I think Supersprint may be or allready have made a manifold that can be fitted with a sports CAT for the CTR

Just to add what others have said, the best has got to be the Toda Manifold then the Jackson one and then the DC Sports one, the finish on the DC sports one is not the best I have seen they look awsome from the outside but inside there is normally swarf, cutting oil and fray

Well I have got the DC Sports one and been more than happy with the purchase, i would of probably gone for the Toda but to me the cost difference was too great at the time and having to change the swaybar adds to the cost as well.

For me the DC one was good value for money and improves performance most definitely.

Carl

Back