• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

McSherryMan's EP3

So got the code reader today and wow what a bit of kit it is hahaha live feed data error codes with break down of problem and location of the problem and what part needs to be replaced or checked, wasn't expecting the one I got and only cost me £30 amazingly happy.

So turns out that the error code was on because I have two problems
1. I let me car run so low it was on the petrol light for a it and then once I filled it back up again I can only assume that something at the bottom of the petrol tank went through the system which in turn made the left bank run lean.

2. Small air leak after the MAF

So will be ordering a new silicon air intake pipe from Tegiwa tonight and will not allow the petrol to go so low again.

I ran a full car diagnostic on it and every thing came back with a green tick bar the cat as it told me it needs me to run the car for a couple of days and test again to make sure the readings are correct after the code rest.

So happy that the car is now working fine again and can't believe how much of a coincidence it was me fitting the part and getting the light and it having nothing to do with each other

McSherryMan

Tegiwa red silicon hose ordered am also looking at making a cold air feed to the standard air box as well with some red pipe

McSherryMan

So I got some new bits and fitted them, sorry about the pictures being crap but it not a very nice day out so took them quickly

0c60911eb9762c8ab3788fe04a112448.jpg

4d6292916080058ff9abf7745be39632.jpg

5be566bb34d4a6fb705a1a3d3b6950a7.jpg

04fb61d09bb0a27df7ec5abe3532e9d2.jpg

McSherryMan

So I have been looking into getting an RBC but I don't want to cut my car at all. So I have been reading and have read that a PRC manifold is a straight swap. So here are the questions

1. Is the PRC any good ?

2. Is there a major difference between the potential for the PRC compared to the RBC

3. Any idea where I can buy a PRC intake manifold

4. Is the PRC a straight swap ?

Thanks

McSherryMan

I know but I read that there isn't a massive difference, and if it's just 5bhp and I don't have to cut my car then that's what I want.

McSherryMan

TDI North recommended I get a Skunk 2 Inlet manifold, bit expensive though.

What your new intake pipe needs is a Tegiwa Induction Kit, I promise it will make you grin from ear to ear.

TDI North recommended I get a Skunk 2 Inlet manifold, bit expensive though.

What your new intake pipe needs is a Tegiwa Induction Kit, I promise it will make you grin from ear to ear.

Do you not need to cut the car with a skunk 2 one then ???

McSherryMan

Cool will look into that, was it a certain model of the skunk 2 or any of them ?? Also used to have the ITG maxogen and will look at getting another intake later down the line but looking at doing this next

McSherryMan

They didn't give me a model, but TDI North have a thread on here you could ask the question, I'm on suspension before I look at my manifold.

So I found and bought a PRC intake manifold and its on its way, will be painting it, will try to remember to take before and after pics

McSherryMan

So the PRC got delivered today but was damaged so have emailed the supplier to see how long it will take to get it all sorted out.

There go my plans for this weekend

McSherryMan

So got the PRC intake now and I have decided to paint it before I fit it, I have seen a lot of black intakes so I thought I would go with red. If it looks crap once it's on though I will take it off and repaint it

First coat of red applied now have to wait for it to dry
c287dbf14786316ea4d521303619249c.jpg

McSherryMan

So it's been a long time sense I have posted on here, I managed to complete some mods to the EP3 and had a lot of fun. I had owned this car for over two years and decided that I wanted a new car.

At this point I started looking around for a car that would replace my pride and joy. As many on you on here know this is not an easy thing to do.

So long story short after looking at a lot of different cars I bought another CTR

I managed to find a 2010 type r GT in black with 26000 on the clock and full Honda service history

I have some plans in my head of what to do, any advice on where to start would be helpful, I am going to learn from my past experience and go with handling mods first and then power later if needed.

It's good to be back and looking forward to getting involved on here more again

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back