• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

McSherryMan's EP3

So just got back from a little drive, I can't explain it at all. How amazingly different the gear shift felt with just that little gear knob on.

McSherryMan

Year they do make a hell of a difference don't they? I couldn't believe it when I fitted mine.
great choice:) cars looking good.

So I have completed the hondata air box mod and put it back in the car . Now just waiting for my solid shifter bushes and break stopper to arrive. Can't wait for them to get here. Will post some more pics once fitted.

McSherryMan

Looking good mate. Your as bad as me. Every penny I have left over goes on my ep3. It's endless. After reading your post I've decided to go for the skunk gear knob. Sounds like it makes a big difference. I just bit the bullet and bought a gruppe m induction kit. You should get one. It's probably one of the best mods I've bought. It's insane. Look into them. I'd post a picture but I don't know how to do it. Lol.

Hahha I know mate every penny that didnt go on bills goes into the car. Intakes do look mad mate but I'm working on handling first suspension and breaks. Then will look at performance

McSherryMan

Thinking about getting this as my next purchase. What do people think. Is it worth the extra money over the JDM ARB ??

86d829ded3286735410342f436803b18.jpg

McSherryMan

I think it's a pretty new product, I haven't heard of anybody fitting one yet. The jdm option is tried and tested, the tegiwa is reverse engineered from tried and tested products...... so you're taking a chance on materials and build quality, but the design should be sound. It's tempting, I agree.

One of the best 'pocket money' mods I've done was engine and gearbox mount inserts, personally I would do that first. I'm the self-proclaimed king of budget modification, though I must say that suspension and geo are THE things that are worth paying the big bills for on these cars. Do ARBs fall into that category? That is the question I'm struggling with right now. Only one way to find out I guess.

I know that was entirely unhelpful. Sorry.

Really wasn't worth posting tbh. Sorry.

I think it's a pretty new product, I haven't heard of anybody fitting one yet. The jdm option is tried and tested, the tegiwa is reverse engineered from tried and tested products...... so you're taking a chance on materials and build quality, but the design should be sound. It's tempting, I agree.

One of the best 'pocket money' mods I've done was engine and gearbox mount inserts, personally I would do that first. I'm the self-proclaimed king of budget modification, though I must say that suspension and geo are THE things that are worth paying the big bills for on these cars. Do ARBs fall into that category? That is the question I'm struggling with right now. Only one way to find out I guess.

I know that was entirely unhelpful. Sorry.

Really wasn't worth posting tbh. Sorry.

It was helpful and with posting, thanks for taking the time

McSherryMan

So i had some spare time today and had the right parts and bits so thought I would paint my callipers, I know some people will not like them but I am very happy with how they look

aeb503e771cf58e1480deaad5ff6d6af.jpg

145429bedccd5fb4b42a2911124a8b6d.jpg

McSherryMan

Nice job you've done there, I can't wait to do mine. I'm doing mine the same colour. Do you have to do 2 coats?

I did 3-4 coats on mine to make sure I got a good cover, but didn't take long at all the paint dried really quickly

McSherryMan

So I got my ETD yesterday, fitted it today drove down the road and instantly got and engine management light on the dash . Taken it straight off. Tried to get the codes out of the car myself but didn't work so will be off to the garage this week to find out what the hell has gone wrong

McSherryMan

Seems a bit of a coincidence Craig, not really sure how the ETD could trip the EML though so hope its nothing serious when you check the fault codes. Cars!! :(

I know, i spoke to Loxy and he said the same. I hoping it's just something has shaken lose. Will let you know the results when I know

McSherryMan

So I have ordered an OBD2 scanner and will pick it up tonight I hope and test the car to see what's going on. Fingers crossed it's not something major

McSherryMan

That really is a strange coincidence. Weird. I got a cheap obd Bluetooth thingy that links to your phone/tablet, it's brilliant for investigating and resetting the engine light.

Hopefully it's just a lambda sensor or something.

Back