• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Megs G220 Owners

Guys

I recently purchased the Meg G220 polisher with a mate from Detailing World website 2nd hand.

However, it didnt come with instructions and my mate been using it for the last 2 weeks (i still havent been round to his yet to see for myself) but he was saying that he cant find the speed adjuster for it.

I was under the impression that you would be able to change the speed setting like the PC- but as we dont have the manual/ instructions for it, i dont suppose owners will be able to point me in the right direction?

He said hes been playing around with the polisher on his missus Micra and its managed to take out a whole load of swirls so hes well chuffed!

I would also like to use this thread on how other owners are doing with theirs and what products and pads they use and where they get it from as reference :p

cheers

Gary

It is at the back of the unit near where the flex cable comes out. It is numbered from 1-6. I would use settings 4-5 for paint correction and 1-3 for polishing.

Also, mark a line on your backing plate with a permanant marker if it hasn't got one already. You will be able to judge the rotations a lot better this way. Apply enough pressure to hear the pitch in the motor change and you will be fine.

Avoid pressure areas like the plague!

cheers tone for the pointer.

Like i said above, i havent seen it myself yet but Lee- you're right, my mate is a complete plonker :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would also like to use this thread on how other owners are doing with theirs and what products and pads they use and where they get it from as reference :p

cheers

Gary
Bump!!

Its been 2 months now and i still havent had a chance to use it yet :rolleyes:

However, now that my car is back, i'm thinking of getting started and would like some pointers on what new pads i should get to tackle a full detail on the R and then move onto my parents new Civic Sport :cool:

Links to CleanYourCar for products as well please as i'm lazy/ dont know where to look :lol:

On that note, i recently sold my Glimour Foammaster II gun and got a HD foam lance from CYC and cant wait to get started!!

Hopefully the weather wont be too bad and i can give it a shot over the weekend.

Gary

just done mine today started at 9am finished at 4:30pm.. My arms ache..:( But wow does the car look good. I got the W8006 and 9006 pads as well as mequires #80 and #83 polishes.

dont know if your mate found the speed control put I heard that the early versions didn't have one, dont know how true this is though.

once I'd finished witht he machine I went round with some megs ulitimate detailer just to remove any marks and residue.

Then gave a wax with collinite 915.

Gary, a couple of months have passed since you started the thread, so I'd imagine the G220 is just about on its last legs.:lol:

The amount of people I have spoken to who have had them and have broken within the first year is unbelievable. Though when working they are good machines.

Pad combo, I use the Sonus SFX range, 4" and 6" variants.
Yellow - correction and polishing
White - mild correction, polishing finessing
Blue - lsp/glaze application and finessing.

I like the menzerna range of polishes, I use Intensive Polish PO85RD3.02 and Final Finish for the extra gloss and refinement.

The Megs pads are better then the Sonus pads IMO. I have used both and get on better with them.

The Megs pads are better then the Sonus pads IMO. I have used both and get on better with them.

What are they like on the PC7424 Lee?

I am in need of some replacements, might try them out.

Its the same machine so give them a try mate.

Make sure you get the new improved ones if you can.

James

It has been a few months since i started this but i have yet to get my hands on it!!!! :eek: :p

My mate had it since we went halves.

Yes, i have read quite a bit on DW about them breaking down but i purchased this 2nd hand on DW and it was only 2 months old (apparently) so it could be part of teh "new batch".

He has stayed in touch so far so if i do have any problems with it, hopefully he will be true to his word and help me get a replacement but i guess i have to use it more to find that out!

I'm just waiting for stock to come in from CYC so i can order some more Megs pads.

Back