• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Metallic Sound at Slow speeds and Over Bumps

Hi All

My Ep3 as developed a strange noise, just wondering from this description if anyone has an idea of what it could be.......

It sounds a bit like squeaky brakes but the closest thing I think it sounds like is when a train is going slowly and changing tracks and you get a metallic noise (sorry if you don’t know what I'm talking about and by the way I'm not a train spotter!!). The noise doesn't happen when braking. A fairly small bump at any legal speed will cause the noise to appear for a second or 2, because of this I assume it is something suspension related. The noise seems to be coming from the driver's side but I'm not sure if thats just because of where I am in the car. Just wondering if anyone has an idea of what it could be.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Jim

is your car lowered? I read something a while back saying something to do with the steering is mis-aligned when you lower the car, something may need re locating if this is the case. Ill find the thread later and hyperlink if someone has not done it by then. If not that then pass.

Thanks anyway D4N H

Sorry for the late reply (been away on holiday). Ended up taking it into the garage who told and showed me that it was the rear disks and pads. Had them replaced the other day and everything is great again.

I just didn't think it would have been the brakes as they didn't make the noise when the brakes were applied. strange!

Cheers again

Jim

Back