• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

mfnicks NHB EP3 CTR

Thanks guys.
Yeah, the guy I bought it off seems like a good bloke so hopefully we can come to some agreement on sorting it.

You got back okay then :D

Good to meet you while I was there, I got back about 6:35 so didn't do too bad :D

You were certainly pleased when you pulled up after going to have a quick blast :lol:

Brings back some good memories :lol:

Good meeting you too buddy. :D Not bad timing at all.
Haha, I wasnt expecting it at all when I went for that blast. Got so used to how it feels it just completely blew me away with how much of difference it made. Loved the drive back (apart from the noise & vibration lol), took it easy though its going to take some getting used too. New, good front tyres have jumped up my to do list now though. My budget ones struggled before, theyre even worse now haha.

Hows the exhaust? It sounded good when you drove off :D

Re: mfnicks NHB EP3 CTR - TDi North Visit Pg 6 - Mapped!

Hows the exhaust? It sounded good when you drove off :D

Yeah good, nothing to intrusive but you know its there. Was pretty normal on the motorway too, did come off early to have a little blast, turned off the radio, only to be stuck behind a damn slow volvo, doing 40 on a national speed limit road :banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Nick

It sounds like you had a cracking day up at TDI yesterday and you have got a cracking map there mate, just think you were hoping for anything over 230bhp haha I bet you didnt stop smiling on the way home :)

Its a shame about the small exhaust and manifold issues but I am sure you will get it sorted easily enough and it obviously hasnt effected the performance posting those numbers :)

Looking forward to seeing this at the TRO santapod meet in March buddy...

Hey Pete,

Thanks a lot mate. Yeah, im well happy with the numbers especially since I was only expecting 230 like you say. Didnt think Id even get that looking at other peoples builds. Be pointless if it didnt feel any different though, but thats definitely not the case. It feels almost completely different, the way it feels in vtec now is one of those genuine hair standing laugh inducing moments every time. Cant take full advantage with the roll bar & exhaust issues since it feels like its vibrating itself apart & about to break through the floor of the car when I lift off but those odd times where I have floored it are just amazing.

Cant wait to see what improvement it makes at Santa Pod :D

Not done much lately, but just got a refurbed Cam Cover fitted by Bren from CTRO. Looks loads better.

Old
7vlq.jpg

giaj.jpg

Can see how bad mine was.

New:

nhsd.jpg

Very happy with it. Bit smelly after it got warmed up but thatll pass in time im sure :lol:
Found the middle left thread for the cover nut is knackered too. Don't suppose anyone knows the Honda part number for those threaded bolts do they? Its holding well enough but would rather sort it.
& yes, its a very dirty engine bay but im too worried about getting water somewhere I really don't want it to get by cleaning it. So it can stay dirty as far as im concerned.

Was going to put my Spoon Reservoir socks on too but think they must have stretched, they're far too big. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cam cover looks great bud. Just a quicky, why did you have a breather filter on the cam cover rather than the pipe fitted to the Gruppe M? Just interested is all ;)

Cheers!
Its just what the Gruppe M came with when I bought it. No other reason than that really.

Looking good mate. I've seen Bren's work a few times, always looks top notch. PM hendy performance for that part number, they can help you.

Well, since its dry and not too hot and ive got someone coming to take a look at it tomorrow thought id give her a good clean, wax and polish. 6 hours(!) later and im knackered. Taken some photos ready for putting her up for sale depending on how tomorrow goes and thought ive not put any recent pictures of the car in here. Might take some more scenic ones for the ad too.

yg6t.jpg

der7.jpg

btmo.jpg

m0wl.jpg

na5k.jpg

Still need to clean the inside and the glass. Tomorrows jobs now methinks. Need some more tyre shine too.

Cheers! Does have some pretty big paintwork problems though tbh that don't show on these pics. Taken close up ones of those areas for the ad though.

Getting a Impreza STi :D can't wait! Always wanted one and within next couple of months it should finally happen. Hoping to have got it before JAE. Probably a blob eye. But I do keep checking classic shape Type R's. Love the classic shape and much prefer 3 doors. But the higher insurance and more importantly the age are putting me off that model. Still tempted though :lol:

Very cool mate, the STI Impreza's are very nice as are the EK9's - I personally think the STI would be the better option just because it will be the bigger change but look forward to seeing what you decide on.

Getting it just before JAE would be ideal timing :)

Meant the classic shape Impreza Type R not EK9 mate ;)

49o3.jpg

And on this subject, the guy wanting to look at my car came earlier. Sound lad and he wants it :)

Will be picking it up either at the end of this month or the first week in September. Time to go view some more Impreza's :D :D:D:D

Haha sorry mate I read it as you meant an EK9 :D

I always liked the classic Impreza shape, the back end looks awesome IMO. suppose it will be harder to find a nice, well maintained example though compared to the newer shapes where you have more choice.

You and Loxy will be adding some variety to the stand at JAE :)

Haha, it's ok mate, could easily be read like that. Especially on here. In fact, would make it more suitable for staying on this forum too if I did get one of the Type R's :lol:

I've got 6 lined up to look at now next week and weekend. 2 are classic Type R's - although ill need to ring my insurer about those first with them being JDM.
The other 4 are Blobeyes at various prices and mileage. 2 of those have PPP which I do want to save me trouble of buying another exhaust and map.

Right excited! Just need to make sure I go in buying with my head and don't let my heart take over.

Back