• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

mfnicks NHB EP3 CTR

This:
exhaustoi.jpg

Is now fitted underneath her. :)

Bought from R8byb at CTRO. Unsilenced 2.5" B-Pipe. Took some extra chopping & welding to get it to fit (not sure why since its been a straight swap for everyone else I know with one) but it sounds pretty freaking awesome.

Ive got one and agree they sound great. Mine was a straight swap aswell!! You got a dofferent back box?

Thatsa nice looking NHB! I've got a 2.5" unsilenced b-pipe too, it does make a great noise. I've heard of a few people having trouble fitting them, I think it's luck of the draw.

Cheers!:)
Sounds like its been a bit of a bad batch this time. A few more people have said they are having problems with fitting since I posted.

& no just got the standard back box fitted at the moment. Going to get an aftermarket one, thinking I might pay a bit extra & get one made to my car so I know it 100% fits properly. Plus I want a deep rumbling noise & most I aftermarket ones ive looked at seem to be the loud raspy type. Will be able to get it closer to the ideal noise I want with a custom one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been toying with the idea of a custom box too. I think the problem will be keeping the volume down to a sensible level, the oem box is quite an effective silencer. Most of the japcan style boxes linked to an unsilenced b-pipe would probably be LOUD. I think custom is the way to go.

Well, ive decided to go LOUD! :smt047 Having it straight through. The unsilenced pipe has given it a great sound but I want it even more noticeable. Finding im just revving the nuts out of the car (even more than usual) now just to hear it. If its louder to start with hopefully I wont feel the need to rev it so much... At least I can hope that'll happen. :lol:
Plus I dont do many motorway miles in it so that wont annoy me too much & I love it being shouty so thought to hell with it, may as well go all out.

Now I just need to decide on what design I want out of these lot:

20120602110824.jpg

20120602110832.jpg

Im thinking its between the 2nd & 3rd from top in LHS & 3rd from top in RHS lot (has that outer ring/lip like on the N1) of the top pic.
Or the 2nd & 3rd from top of the RHS lot on the bottom pic. 3rd from top is a lot like the Mugen design pipe you can get.
They're going to put them on my car while its up the ramp when I go to get it fitted to help me decide
:)

Yeah thats my fave too. Will definitely stand out with that fitted & would be ideal for my future plans of turning it into a jet engined powered car.

would be ideal for my future plans of turning it into a jet engined powered car

:lol:
I can't wait to see what happens when you hit vtec on a turbine! Imagine 30,000rpm...

My old EP2 was NHB. Was a great colour when clean!!!

Yeh, it's great for 5 minutes! I washed mine yesterday, it needs a wash tomorrow. Gah.

:lol:
I can't wait to see what happens when you hit vtec on a turbine! Imagine 30,000rpm...

A crash that would put Richard Hammonds to shame.

& cheers Mike :) Shame what Jim says is true eh? Only lasts 5 minutes then it looks a mess again. Those 5 minutes are damn good though :cool:

Aye, I washed my car this afternoon, then immediatley drove up to Inverness (about 35 miles) to pick up my buddy. When I got to his house, his first comment was "Oh, Eilidh said she was waving at you in the car wash, I guess it was someone else". :rolleyes:

Those 5 minutes are damn good though
They are. They really are.

Did you make a decision on the exhaust? I'd love to hear what it sounds like.

Not yet, got it booked in for this Saturday. Will decide on the day when theyve been put on the car while its up the ramp.
& i'll make a couple of vids or sound files for comparison when I get it done.

Went and got it fitted today
20120609113958.jpg

Jesus Christ its LOUD!!! I mean ridiculously so. I knew it was going to be & I wanted it loud but its too much :lol: . Going to go back in a couple of weeks & get something fitted - I just cant remember for life of me what he called it, think its a tuner? Whatever it is it will make it more bearable.

Couple of sound files.
Inside car with windows down, still:
http://kiwi6.com/file/rat8d64ta8
Inside car driving with windows up:
http://kiwi6.com/file/7622v0mq0r

Havent got my camera at the moment so had to use my phones voice recorder & camera hence the rubbish quality. & it was chucking it down which is why its recorded inside the car. Doesnt do justice to how loud it actually is.

Vids :) First time ive ever done vids like this, hopefully theyre ok.
[video=youtube;dOUjLOCgUfM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOUjLOCgUfM[/video]

[video=youtube;eaiXDd_QFYw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaiXDd_QFYw[/video]

Holy smokes buddeh! That does sound nice. But loud, very very loud. I love how it doesn't get quieter through first and second as you drive away...

Cheers guys.
Yeah it is very, very loud! Changing the b-pipe to a silenced one next week, it is just a bit too much & makes motorway driving impossible so reluctantly going to make it quieter :lol: Still wont actually be quiet though with that tailpipe ;)

Back