• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

mfnicks NHB EP3 CTR

Small update. Got a new silenced b-pipe fitted today. Loads better at low revs but still has that big loud bark when you put your foot down & higher up the rev range so im really happy with that. :) Expect my un-silenced one to be up for sale in the near future depending what R8byb says.

Ive also finally fitted my new "Type R" badge. A small change but its been getting on my nerves since I got the car. Looks loads better :D

20120625151556.jpg

20120625154046.jpg

Bought a TRS Tow Strap from Tom. Just put that on today.

20120721134754.jpg

20120721134811.jpg

Found a little hook just behind the bumper which I tie wrapped it to. Only got it for show. Wondered if that'll be ok though? Anyone else got one - Have you held it down with anything? Theres not much free movement but not sure if it'll flap about & move a bit at speed...

Major **** up on Thursday too. One of my lovely alloys met a curb :mad:

20120721134822.jpg

I went mental. Give myself a right telling off. Had a lapse in concentration while parking up, could have killed myself.
& yes I know its dirty, just been for a good drive :)

Hi there fella I see you have some nice door sills there are they the JDM carbon sill and if so where and how much if you don't mind me asking

Nah, they're replica's. Really good though as you can tell. I got them off Rigsby01 at CTRO. Not sure if he still does them but probably worth sending him a message.

Just been to Grindspeed today. Had a major service carried out plus:
Neuspeed Anti-Roll bar fitted
Tegiwa Shifter bushes
Ferodo Pads & Hel braided lines all round
& best of all camber arms & bolts fitted with FRSU

Absolutely bloody brilliant!!! The difference is unbelievable. I went along Snake Pass on my way home & the bends may as well not even be there anymore. I just kept pushing it a little more on each corner & no matter how fast I went it just gripped & gripped even with my crappy tyres. I could tell I wasnt even close to its new limit even when going round some of the corners almost twice as fast as I would have before. Id run out of brave pills before itd give up now. Only problem is ive spent quite a bit on brakes & dont need them now :lol:
But when I did test them on a quiet road (as part of the bedding in process) they are loads better than before too. Had some gear on the passenger seat & it just threw it all into the well along with my gut. Fantastic. Recommend these upgrades to anyone. The difference they make is pretty special. Dying to put it on a track now to really find out what it can do.

Good stuff. Some nice additions you've made there!

Amazing the difference it makes having the geo set up properly isn't it! :lol:

Thanks Loxy. :) Yeah the difference is pretty unbelievable TBH. Still cant get my head around how quickly itll take corners now with no hint of understeer.

Found the engine front mounting bracket has split so got to go back in a couple of weeks to get that replaced now though. Getting a Tegiwa M fitted at the same time hopefully though so got that to look forward to now too.

20121020115631.jpg

:D:twisted::D

Just had my K&N Tyhoon replaced for this badboy!
Loving it. The noise isnt as loud & noticeable as the K&N but the actual sound it makes is even better. But best of all, the mid range power difference is profound! The power from just under 4000RPM now almost feels as significant as it did in vtec before. I cant believe the difference, even without it mapped. Amazing piece of kit.

Oh yes. It still keeps surprising me just how fast & easily it eats up corners since I had that done. Theres many faster straight line cars out there, but not many that can lose me over twisties. :cool:

Yeah I know what you mean, when I had the charger fitted and full FRSU, there was only a Caterham IIRC that got away from me in corners, but I caught him on the straight. I miss my FRSU.

Good choice with the Grouppe M, it will be much better once you have the car mapped with it.

Yeah, I cant wait to get it mapped. Already bought a K100 so now just saving up for a RBC mani + install & map. I'll be booking it in at TDi North as soon as ive got that together. Then Santa Pod here I come! :)
Then hopefully mfactory LSD, Synchros & maybe shorter final drive. & that should be it. After that i'll be focusing on getting the bodywork back to original condition & some premier seats.

& after ive spent all that & finally got it how I want, I'll probably get rid & buy a DC5 :lol:

Thats quite a shopping list. Should give massive improvements, the Diff will give much more confidence and feeling in the corners, there was a second hand RBC on CTRO the other day, might be worth looking at.

Yeah, ive seen that. Cheers. Cant quite afford it yet now though. They seem to pop up quite often so im sure I wont have to wait long when I get the cash together.

Long time since the last update but this is the big one for me :D
Got back not long ago from TDi to have a RBC, DC5 Manifold & Cat & K100 fitted & mapped with my already installed Fujitsubo RM01A catback & Gruppe M. The end product is absolutely amazing!
First a couple of pics. Ready for mapping...
dynod.jpg

rollingroad.jpg

& a dark one that I really like for some reason
dynodark.jpg

The result? 248BHP & 181 lbft!! Im unbelievably happy with this, was only expecting 230, maybe 240. The difference is incredible, it pulls like a train. Actually putting my foot down is pretty scary now lol.

dynographk.jpg

sdc11128v.jpg

MASSIVE thanks to the guys at TDi North. Absolutely brill work, good lads & worked their tits off to get it all done (inlcuding some Mount inserts & exhaust mounts) even though some bits ended up being a real pain: DC5 Manifold - lack of bolts & shiz.

Not 100% at the minute though, thought my head was turning to mush on the way home. Contrary to what some people may tell you, JDM manifolds need a JDM ARB (anyone selling lol). The vibration is vicious & turned my relatively quiet car into a noisy ******* again. & found out my ive basically wasted £400 & bought a ***** RM01A, the mid section has been bodged previously so going to have to try & sort something with the guy I bought it off :mad:

But im not going to let that get me down at the minute, happy as fk about the results! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Good powers then Nick, shame about the RM01A, but Im sure you will get it sorted soon enough.

You're making good progress with this build, it's looking great. Hope you get the exhaust sorted soon, you must be going spare with the number of exhaust parts you've fitted in the last year. Must be some kind of record...

Back