• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mikey81's - 2008 S2000

i picked the up replacement for the M5 today, and i am smiling like a kid in a sweet shop. the car is a proper hooligan :lol: on my way back from york i pulled up at a junction and a lovely Honda NSX pulled up behind me, shame as there was a free lane next to me, he gave me a nod as he went past, nice start to my ownership 8)

a few details, its a 2005 '54' plate Honda Civic Type R, 72k, cosmic grey, air con and thats about the only options you get on these :lol: i only got home at 8ish so it needs a clean, but some pics as that's i want to see in journals ;)
DSC_8715.jpg

DSC_8723.jpg

DSC_8719.jpg

DSC_8721.jpg

DSC_8722.jpg

DSC_8733.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you're pleased with it! You did well to see an NSX on the drive back too, meets aside, I probably havent seen one on the road for 2 or more years...

Looks nice.

See a black NSX every now and again in the city. Always look awesome

i remember when the nsx was launched i went to a honda dealer with my dad and sat in one, remember it being about 60k when a supra was around 30k.

as for them being rare, i saw a yellow one yesterday while driving to scotland and the black one today, i commented to my work mate that they are rare, he said there is a red one in his village, at least they are being used not left in a garage

i popped down to TGM Motorsport today as they are very close and recommended by a mate of a mate. i will be booking it in for the most expensive service they do so i start knowing that everything that needs doing will be done :) just need to sort a time when i can be without the car. Also that makes it 3 NSX's in 3 days, they had a silver one parked outside.

and a couple of pics after giving it a clean today
DSC_8737.jpg

DSC_8738.jpg

DSC_8740.jpg

DSC_8747.jpg

DSC_8746.jpg

so far i am still loving it and considering i've come from a 5.0 v8 with 400bhp that made peak torque at 2500rpm till just over 5000rpm, the ctr is sensible in normal use and with the short gears it feels nippy but also puts a big smile on my face when i'm near 8000rpm :)

It's I little bit like driving a angry wasp, I still grin like a retard petting a puppy on the rare occasions I get in to v-tec!

1 week into ownership and about 600miles, and still happy :)

I have fitted bosch aero wipers and did the hondata airbox mod today, there wont be masses of mods to this as it's my daily drive so keeping it civilised and usable, most things will be maintenance work. My fiancee who was adamant she would not like driving it because of the 'silly' gearknob position has already hinted i should be giving the car to her and getting myself the S2000 i really want. sadly i need to save a little more money for that to happen, but always nice to have a guaranteed sale if i find the right S2000

just picked it up from having a full service at http://www.tgmsport.co.uk/, i would definitely recommend them
smile.png

A full service consisted of oil, oil filter, pollen filters, gearbox oil, valve clearance, spark plugs (weren't changed as they were new so price was reduced). I also had the brake fluid changed, air con re-gassed and the rear wiper was split so that was also replaced. All for £335

Slight update to the journal

July 2013
The CTR has performed faultlessly over the 18k i have done in it, its now just over 90k on the clock. With everything going on (my dad was in hospital for 3 months and passed away in Feb 2013) i hadn't noticed the mileage i had done and it still didn't miss a beat even with quite a large gap between oil changes I have serviced it, changes the discs and pads all round, fitted a couple of tyres, changed the drop links and anti-roll bar bushes. This is all its needed, but i am tempted to change the front suspension arms as there is now a little play on bad road surfaces.

On the 7th July i finally managed to do the local motor club autosolo in Barton Stacey, the car was perfect even with inlet temps as high as 65degrees however the tyres took an obvious hammering. I came 2nd in class and 8th overall, which i cant complain about considering it was my first event.

17th July 2013
I now own a 2004 Honda S2000 in Nurburgring Blue, aero kit, has 35,000miles on the clock and full Honda service history. The car has been pampered by the previous owner and has literally done 2,000miles a year. I will be doing my best with this one to keep it as nice as i can bodywork wise and the mechanicals are always done as i need it to be reliable.

August 2013
S2000 was booked in with TGM for a full service to make sure that everything was as i wanted. Valves adjusted, Engine Oil, Gearbox Oil, Diff Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Pollen Filter, Plugs, Brake Fluid, Rear Discs and Pads.

September 2013
This weekend I did my first autosolo in the S, what a great fun car. I've only done 1 before and that was in my CTR where I finished 2nd in class and 8th overall.

I finished 1st in class and I think I was 6th overall, but as there were 4 that were running in a championship I don't think thats too bad especially considering I did nothing to my car, I just turned up with my normal wheels, checked my oil and water and that was it.

November 2013
S2000 - new rear tyres (correct spec Bridgestones) and an oil change done mileage at 44k.

February 2014
Yesterday i did my first track day. Bedford GT circuit was the choice as it has some run off area and it was cheap.

The day started off with a damp green track and it stayed dry but cloudy all morning which was nice. The track was getting better all the way through or that could have been more down to driving becoming a bit smoother. At lunchtime it decided to start raining which continued all afternoon.

The day went without a hitch for me which is always a good way to end the day.

A few pics from the track photographer below
1661654_10152180032209462_555755370_n.jpg

1798811_10152180032214462_1904280215_n.jpg

1554455_10152180032689462_1688308769_n.jpg

The car is standard which suits me for normal use as its my daily but i do want a bit more grip from the front end so may start at looking at what will give me that without making it tedious for daily use.

Mileage is now just over 46,000 and its been great so far.

March 2013
This month is an expensive one for me. Both cars need MOT, the S2k needs tax as well and wedding bits aren't cheap either.

The CTR at least flew through its MOT which is nice as I've given that to the Mrs.

The S2k MOT is due early in april so I have dropped it off at TGM to get another full service done as the car is now upto 48k. I did an oil change and a general check over at about 43k.

Car has still been spot on considering it did only 2k a year for the last 6 years I'm expecting to change a few suspension bushes fairly soon with the mileage I do, but I prefer to do some preventative maintenance instead of having to fix things if they break

25 March 2014
Picked the car up from TGM this evening, they have done a great job as always.

It's road legal for another year :) They took it to their MOT place and it was the 'picky' tester so always nice to get a pass. Advisories were rear pads low (these have now been changed) front discs have small wear (still originals from when i bought the car so when the pads wear i will fit new oem) and tyres are low on tread (rears were new in November, i would say all 4 have well over 3mm of tread and are nice and even wear).

I had another full service done on the car, including gearbox oil again as it was sometimes harder to get into gear when it was cold so figured it would do no harm, the old oil came out as if it was still new. Brake and clutch fluid was flushed through for new and also had the rod in the slave cylinder taken out, cleaned up and re-greased.

18 April 2014
'UK exhaust mod' carried out yesterday. 28mm stainless steel pipe to link the inlet to the exhaust to make a little more noise from the exhaust, great mod for anyone wanting a bit more noise without spending a fortune

Thats about everything, still enjoying every minute of Honda ownership with the 2 cars :)

Hi, I am in Camberley so will keep an eye out for your EP3 and S2000. I have just sold my cosmic EP3 and now have a CW DC5. I did say to the wife today that I fancy an S2000 as a second car and I got that look which kind of translates to "you will die as I will kill you if you buy one" :)

I rarely drive the ep3 now as I gave that to the Mrs :) I would get her a dc5 (she has nearly always had classic minis so the handling, chuckability and feel of the car is important) but I cant justify the cost difference between the 2 when I will only use it occassionally.

I live in Farnborough and work in Camberley, so may see you around

Nice write up mate. I took my CTR to TGM aswel for the full works service and some other work, and it still came out cheaper than any other garages in the local area.
I'll keep an eye out for you, I live in Yateley and work in Frimley.

there are quite a few cars in the area :) will keep my eyes open for you, i do still tend to look at other Type R's when i'm driving round

the good part of my job tomorrow, a drive to Cumbria to stay the night, do a survey and then drive home Wednesday :) That will put the car over 50,000miles, no point in having a car and not using it ;)

Nice 2 day round trip to Cumbria for work.

700miles and the car was great as always, managed to drive the road next to lake Windermere and also the Kirkstone Pass. Still amazes me how comfortable it is on a long run but get to twisty roads and it comes alive.

10294310_10152340903204462_1314650246083614697_n.jpg

1661623_10152340903364462_3890551901671456943_n.jpg

10172662_10152340903539462_1779438595501010170_n.jpg

Back