• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Milano red paint detailing

Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone has had it done. The paintwork on my car under sunlight kinda looks like someone has cleaned the car with a fine wired sponge:( I would like to get her looking like new again. Is detailing the best option? Also I don't want the colour to fade at all so whats the best treatment for making the colour last?

Cheers,
Jock

Im in the same boat, my paint is marred really bad in the sunlight up close. I keep the wax up to help protect as much as it can I think im right in saying the sun is a culprit in milanos going pink.

Getting mine Machine polished on friday. Will do a before and after pic of it. Apparently it will be textbook after so he says.

Milano Pink is a common issue, sunlight and Milano are always at war - the sun wins hands down.

I heard that you can only machine polish it once.....
Best way to get it looking like new is a full respray :-(

I heard that you can only machine polish it once.....
Best way to get it looking like new is a full respray :-(

depends on the thickness of the paint. A professional detailer will have a PDG and measure how many microns the paint is.

Generally though you can do it more than once no problem.

Jock... I am guessing you are based in a rather northernly direction?

DSCF2182640x480.jpg

I don't do it anymore buddy. Contrary to my sig. Lol.

I would charge around £100 for a light machine polish. Fortunately a CTR is soft. So only needed a light machine to achieve around 90% perfection.

Any more pics of that milano with anthracite rims? I was on the lookout for Evo 9 rims but think a refurb in gunmetal may be better!

If you have heavy marring then will have to be machine polished by a detailer... you could try the new AG SRP formula, this is alot better than the previous version and can remove some swirling and marring. Follow it up with a wax or sealent. Collinte 746S is great on red and lasts for months. :)

i have the same problem with the milano red paint on my car have used a rubbing compound to take a layer of paint of then couple weeks later it went back to usual colour. :confused:

Back