• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MilanoChris' Evo IX

3 weeks for a plate transfer? That is a concern. :|

My commute is some 80 miles a day, when I've sold the ATR I'll be replacing it with a diesel of some form, not 100% sure which right now though.

The CR-Z had a private plate on it before I bought it, and I had to wait 3 weeks for the V5 with the original numberplate on it to come back so I could 'buy' it proper off the Honda garage (and the replacement tax disc got sent back)
Then I've been running it for the last 3 weeks with the original numberplates on as I had to wait for the completed V5 form coming back with my new keeper details and my private plate on it.

So yes, three weeks. Like I say, theyve got all the March '13' plate purchases to get through unfortunately. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
My commute is some 80 miles a day, when I've sold the ATR I'll be replacing it with a diesel of some form, not 100% sure which right now though.

I couldnt bring myself to get a diesel so I got the CR-Z Hybrid.
I do around 250-300 miles a week and I'm getting 58-60mpg. :D (a 20mpg increase over the Twingo RS)

Nice and quiet, doing my bit for the environment, and still a nice sporty drive.
£30 a year road tax ftw too.

That's not good news. Thanks for the info.

As for CR-Z, it'd be nice to have one, but I need something around the £2-3k mark first.

Regarding MR, FQ etc etc, I think it's like this.

You have the standard Evo VIII GSR, which is around 280 bhp with a 6 speed box, you also have the UK only 260 which has the 5 speed box (arguably better and stronger). Then you have the UK model FQ cars also with a 6 speed, in either 300 or 330 bhp forms. Then you have the VIII FQ MR, which come in 300, 320, 340 and 400 bhp variants. The MR features an aluminium roof, Bilstein coilovers, slightly revised turbo and I think some other changes including SAYC instead of 'normal' AYC, HKS exhaust, intake etc etc. The 400 has a forged engine and some other toys.

The IX is basically builds on the VIII MR platform, it came in 300, 320 and 340 bhp variants. It has different bumpers, a better turbo and MIVEC (variable valve timing). This leads to more torque lower down and supposedly better fuel economy. There is a limited run IX MR FQ 360 and there is also a HKS version I think.

This page on the MLR explains it better than I ever can.
http://lancerregister.com/mlr_showmodel.php

The one I am picking up is a IX FQ 320 although it's had a few mods on it and a remap, it's running around 370 bhp and it certainly feels it.

European for the 260
The GSR was also sold as an FQ280
The 9 comes in FQ300,320,340 & 360. Then there was the 9 MR FQ 360 (by HKS)
They are all just variants of either the GSR or the MR.
You also always get an RS model which has crap wheels, brakes, interior and no AYC rear diff. This is the car that's sold for racing.

Clear as mud.

What you mean is that the FQ MR GS Mikka Hakkinen with ABC is just another hedge tester/ditch finder.

Drive safe Chris, don't be a hero/statistic. ;)

Update from the DVLA, the new V5 should be sent out tomorrow with the new tax disc for the car's original plate, so fingers crossed I'll pick it up next week. :twisted:

Looks like the ATR has sold as well, though it's proving a bit logistical nightmare as when the buyer can view it I won't be around and when I am around he's busy! :lol: Not sure what to replace it with yet, I was going to get a £2k diesel or so to commute in but there isn't much that takes my fancy for that sort of price!

The most powerful car I've owned was my DC5 which had around 240bhp. This Evo is running around 370 bhp, it's more than enough for me.

And me to be honest.

Unless it was a simple case of upping the boost with an old screw driver on Harv's drive.

I think I would have to get a decat, downpipe, exhaust and boost controller then get another remap. I can't be bothered, I just want to get the car and enjoy it, move and maybe worry about that some months down the line if I ever feel the need for more power. It's already running at 1.7 bar, stock is 1.3 so it's been remapped already just without the extra bits I assume.

It's not bhp, it's bhp/weight that makes the big difference.
That & power delivery, it'll feel rocket ship fast as is.

Back