• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MilanoChris's Accord Type R

Not too sure, haven't really looked into it that much as with the offset of the wheels I might encounter rubbing if it is lowered.

The car went to TGM today for Tom to have a look over it and also put the Buddy Club wheels I bought from Dotty on. I've been cutting about in it with a different tyre on each corner so it's been somewhat of a nightmare to drive it in a straight line. :lol: The intention was to have the car serviced, Tom to check the cambelt as to me it was making a funny noise and also to have the geometry looked at as it was pulling slightly.

Once the car was on the ramp Tom checked the underside of the car and noted that all the bushes, suspension components and driveshaft/CV joints all look in good order. The only thing he picked up was that the factory 2-1 section is starting to wear near the flexi section and although not blowing, he said to budget replacing it within a year. So, aftermarket 2-1 stainless steel section will be bought at some point, good bonus is that they are meant to release a fair amount of power and it keeps the cat on so no faffing about at the MOT. :twisted: Another option is to buy a full manifold, I'm still in two minds about that right now.

Once Tom gave it his thumbs up it was time to look under the bonnet to check the oil and cambelt. The oil wasn't particularly bad but I decided to have it changed anyway as under the rocker cover it was quite stained, Tom says this is due to it having dirty oil in it for a while at some point in it's life and a few oil changes should clear it up. It only had the oil changed in July some 3000 miles ago but for peace of mind and while the car is on the ramps I thought why not. He had a look at the cambelt and said it looked fine and said I was being paranoid about the sound. The cambelt was new as per the history so some expense saved there. :)

The gearbox has been a little notchy and so some Honda MTF was put in and the aircon was regassed. The spark plugs were also replaced with some NGK Iridium ones. The new wheels were put on Tom took it for a drive and upon his return commented on how tight the car feels and said it's a very nice drive compared to other ATR's he's had in. He also said it's a nice clean example which I am happy with, my hunch was right. :)

The blowers haven't been working well and once the pollen filter was removed, it became clear why, it was filthy. New one in and the aircon works fine now and the blowers actually work. :)

I am very happy with the wheels that are on now, I was a bit tentative before they were fitted but they work well IMO, filling the arches nicely and the ET42 offset brings them out over stock (ET55, so 13mm further out from the hub) which looks much better. The car is also transformed with the new(ish) tyres on there, goes to show that skimping on tyres really isn't worth it. It's now got Hankook's on the front and RE050's on the back, when the Hankook's are due replacing I think I will stick with the Bridgestone's as I had them on the DC5 and really like them. The notchyness is now gone from the gearbox and it no longer pulls so happy days.

I will try and get some better pictures of the wheels tomorrow with my SLR as the one's uploaded from my iPhone look a bit poor!

Here's the same pics, but uploaded to photobucket and lightened a little:

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

Also fitted some LED sidelights (ordered 4, 2 were naff, cnuting seller).

Before:

IMG_1335.jpg

After:

IMG_1337.jpg

With HIDs on as well:

IMG_1338.jpg

Told you it would look good with those wheels :smt023
Happy days with the saving cash. Now you can afford that house (for one month at least ;) )

Seriously, it's once of those things, you need to see the car to appreciate what they look like. OEM wheels are all well and good, but when they have **** tyres on and are kerbed to fcuk, a set of Buddy Club spotless wheels with good tyres on make much more sense. Plus, I like the colour contrast I have now. :)

FOAD with you stupid ideas, stupid DC2 owner. Pfft.

FOAD in general TBH

:lol:

Seriously, it's once of those things, you need to see the car to appreciate what they look like. OEM wheels are all well and good, but when they have **** tyres on and are kerbed to fcuk, a set of Buddy Club spotless wheels with good tyres on make much more sense. Plus, I like the colour contrast I have now. :)

I know what you mean chum. Pictures rarely do any car related thing real justice I think. You need to see it in the metal to truly understand how it affects the look as a whole

Oh Christopher, what have you done.

P1's only look good on heavily modified cars IMO, so deck it and splash some carbon it.

Saying that, what do I know, I had blue wheels last year.

You shouldn't give a **** what other people think anyway man. As long as you like it everyone else can DIE. That's my attitude now and it rules.

I like it and I didn't think I'd like those wheels on it. Still think it it would look even better dropped just a tiny bit though.

I don't care mate, I love the car and I love the wheels. Loving the hate.

Sell dat DC2 and get an Accord!

That's to you and SticklyPilot, CAAANTS.

I don't care mate, I love the car and I love the wheels. Loving the hate.

Sell dat DC2 and get an Accord!

That's to you and SticklyPilot, CAAANTS.

I did think about it, but I know my car pretty well now, and it's had a lot done to it. As such, making the decision to get rid of it at a time when they aren't really fetching great money compared to 6 months ago, and also buying something else unknown, and bound to need monies spent on it, isn't filling me with glee.

Besides, I still love mine. Not like you fags who cry every time you go over a bump.

Back