• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MilanoChris's Accord Type R

Cool beans. I've only ever had good experiences with DS2500s, so much so I'm getting them put on the Stoptechs at the weekend. £190 just for the pads in that size. :lol:

That engine mount had had it! :shock:

If the vibrations get too much, what some chaps have done with the FN2s is to get an OEM mount and fill it with window weld, leave it for about 5 days to harden and then fit. It stiffens them up so you get the benefits but not so much that you get the bad vibrations. :smt023

To be honest, it's only when parking. I only take it to work once a week at most so what it's like in stop-start traffic shouldn't matter too much. For some daft reason I like it. :lol:

Will have to see how the discs fare with the pads, I'm hoping that they'll be okay and I won't have to get uprated ones as I would like to start changing some of the bushes underneath and maybe look at getting some camber bolts etc.

Photo28-02-2012150440.jpg

Needs a Battery strap. ;)

Ha! I have two at home. May fit one but need some none metal nuts so it doesn't mark or rust. Then again I guess plastic washers would do fine.

The 'Ring trip and Spa went really well, and the car performed well above my expectations. The drive over was comfortable and quick, the car wafted along and wiped out the miles with ease.

I knew my front tyres were low before the trip, and not being able to afford a full set of decent tyres I settled for some part worn FK452's to put on the front. It was a good move, as they took a lot of stick and needed replacing when home:

552860_10150684096793893_549228892_9494029_247247779_n.jpg

I'm now torn between Bridgestone RE050A's or Advan AD08's. I'm favoring the RE050A as I think they are a better all round road tyre, but the Advans have the edge on track. But I think I'll get myself a set of track only wheels and put Advan's on them... we shall see.

Considering the only brake upgrade I have done is DS 2500 pads up front, I'm really happy with how the brakes performed. I was standing on them all day at Spa and they didn't fade and still perform fine now, albeit with a lot of vibration. Pad deposits or warped Pagid discs, I'm not sure. I'll see how the next few weeks go and order some new discs, maybe Dixcel's.

The car went well on track, much better than what I thought and it surprised some people considering it's nigh on standard. Understeer was minimum, and the back end stayed in step, only really pushing out during trail braking, but a little bit of power sorts that out nicely. IMO it is nice and balanced and suits my driving style.

I'd like to do a final drive mod and perhaps get a Hondata ECU to give it more usable power, as the gearing was a bit of a pain and the narrow VTEC window compared to a B series or K series was hard work to keep on boil and sometimes made gear selection difficult.

Here's it going round Spa with me at the wheel, excuse the poor SQ, I think the GoPro I borrowed was rattling on the inside of the case.

[video=youtube;Intmn7zP8YI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Intmn7zP8YI[/video]

Again, a massive shout out to HASNIC who drove the car for a few laps, which gave me much more confidence. He's got a helmet cam of his laps which I'm hoping will be online within a week or so.

good job you didn't get pulled on your way home with the canvas showing through.

sounds like an epic trip :)

Don't think there's canvas, just ruined rubber. :lol:

I had spare tyres in the boot, went to get them fitted in Germany but all the places I went to were too busy.

Don't think there's canvas, just ruined rubber. :lol:

I had spare tyres in the boot, went to get them fitted in Germany but all the places I went to were too busy.

Spare tyres in the boot? Maybe that's why you were so slow round the track!!

lol. Just kidding. I've just bought some Falken FK452"s and I'm a bit worried about the wear rate!!

I always though H series engines were along similar although slightly laggier to the B series?

Calm down. You sound like you want to make something of it? The gearing is long in general. It's long on the road. I would have thought that track conditions will have suited it a bit better; hence my surprise.

Calm down. You sound like you want to make something of it? The gearing is long in general. It's long on the road. I would have thought that track conditions will have suited it a bit better; hence my surprise.

Why you mad?

I am calm.

I reserve the right to hate on my own car. Haha

Was the reason for the long gearing to give it better motorway cruising? It seems to be an issue that crops up a lot when these are talked about.

Back