• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MilanoChris's Accord Type R

Yeah I think so Dan, don't forget as well that the engine is limited to 7800 IIRC unlike the DC2 which goes to 8800 which also has a 5 speed box.

Ah ok, it seems Honda got stuck between a cruiser and a road racer like the other Type Rs and ended up with something that excels at neither but is adaptable to both.

Yeah pretty much. The car holds its own though, it's certainly no slouch, in a straight line or in corners. Just needs VTEC lowering an extra few 100 rpm and a shorter final drive.

Oh certainly, it just that slight bit out I guess. A nigh on impossible feat to actually achieve the right balance. Without spending big money.

Pretty sure Bazz has a different final drive in his. Not sure which spec though. Give VTEC direct a shout for ATR tuning options.

I am not going to be tuning Caz's further, not worth it in my opinion.

Yeah it's definitely not at home on track. Some tweaks required.
You didn't even go in it. :?

I didn't think it was too bad, considering it's standard bar front brake pads.

It certainly felt a lot more planted and responsive than the EP3's I had at the 'Ring.

No point comparing one persons experience to another's much of the time anyway. Different people like different feeling cars and different responses. The ATR might just suit Chris more than the EP3. Steering, tyres, fuel, experience etc all makes a difference.

Might look unstable and Chris might not be as quick as an EP3 but if he finds it more stable and more comfortable then excellent.

Can't say the car ever felt unstable from the drivers seat. Bit of under steer from the Falkens, that's it.

5ec57fc3-42a6-0533.jpg

Fail.

So I drove to work this morning, noticed the back end felt very strange even dwardeling through traffic, thought no more of it till I went to the car at around 10 and notice the rear left flat as a pancake. I had to borrow a footpump from one of the lads and spent what felt like an hour getting 25 PSI into the tyre and took it to the local type place for repair. It lasted the journey fine even though it's only a mile or so.

He took the tyre off and there's a screw right through the middle, however as it came off the rim you could see a collection of rubber bits on the inside of the tyre, this he explained was the sidewall. I only just had two RE002's fitted to the front, so I guess I'm lucky in the fact it's an older tyre (still with 6mm of tread on) that picked up the screw and not one of the new ones.

Unfortunately he can't get them in so I've ordered another pair of RE002's online for delivery to his on Thursday. Bit of a bummer really, money I could have done without spending.

Fcuking cars.

Back