• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mileage Alteration

Is there any software that can detect if the car mileage has been altered ?

I dont Believe MOT checker, for example

Car MOT register at

10000 Miles
Miles
30000 Miles

Car mileage at 52000 miles and the owner alter the mileage to 40000 before he/she put the car through mot, so the car is registered at an lower mileage

This a car you are looking at buying? It looks suspicious to me as well, walk away.

Is there any software that can detect if the car mileage has been altered ?

I dont Believe MOT checker, for example

Car MOT register at

10000 Miles
Miles
30000 Miles

Car mileage at 52000 miles and the owner alter the mileage to 40000 before he/she put the car through mot, so the car is registered at an lower mileage

MOT checker gives the mileage on the car at the time of the test, so do believe it :lol:

Granted it doesn't mean that it's the correct mileage but it's the mileage they see. Easiest thing to do is log the mileages from the MOT checker and tie them up with services and current state of the vehicle. If there are advisories like worn bushes and the interior is proper tatty, for a car on say, 30,000 miles that isn't normal.

If you're that worried, either don't buy the car or buy brand new lol.

Back