• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Milltek custom exhaust?

Hello everybody newbie here :)

Looking to get an exhaust on my EP3, long term I am looking to get the manifold done, camms and a K-pro. Most of my friends with Honda's are telling me i "need" buddyclub prospec's, or spoon n1's HKS hi power carbon tips etc etc, but a local guy took his EP3 to Milltek in Bermingham who made him up a custom exhaust including a sport cat, midbox and any tailpipe he wanted for £300 fitted.

Anybody got any opinions on this? because it is a bargin, but are sports cats worth it over a de-cat? I just cant justify spending an extra £200 on just a catback system?

Opinions welcome,

Grant

Milltek make very high quality exhausts. If I was after a UK made exhaust, it would be a Milltek, but they don't have a system for the EP3 off the shelf, which is a shame.

Thankyou, I was more towards the Milltek, but thought i best double check with the experts before going ahead, whats you view on decat vs sportcat?

I've heard Miltek on some Ford's and they sound awesone, If the above is true I would be interested in a cat back, or sports cat if that passes MOT's?

I wouldn't bother with decat or sport cat.

Keep OEM cat and manifold, OR get a full race header. Anything inbetween is a waste of money.

Milltek on Fords sound really good. Is there any reason why they havent got one for the EP3? Not 'jap enough' or something? If they do start producing them or can get a batch made, i could be tempted!

They make one for the FN2, but not the EP3 AFAIK.

I understand that they do one for the FN2, but just wondered why they never bothered with the EP3. I may send them an email and see if something could be sorted.

Thanks for all the replies, wasn't sure if I would be bombarded with silly priced catbacks haha, since we have had no negitive feedback I will go with the Milltek, and post up some pics and vids for people :) as for a full race header, DC sports a good option?

DC Sports is considered the best budget race header for gains. Just make sure you fit the engine mount inserts, otherwise it will snap.

My mate said an EP3 came into his work the other with a milltek exhaust and it sounded awesome, quiet on idle but opened up when you booted it. I had a look online but found out they don't make one. Maybe i'll give them a ring in that case! :)

Keep this thread updated with details of Miltek Birmingham - as I would be interested! cheers

I sent an email to milltek directly, heres my response:

Hello

The reason that we never went into the EP3 model was that so many of our competitors were already making a system and ultimately we can’t develop systems for every car !.
Sorry to let you down .

Regards
Phil Millington
Milltek Sport Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1332 227280
Fax: +44 (0)1332 227289

www.millteksport.com

I just sent this email...
Hi there, I know you don't make a standard catback exhaust for the Civic Ep3 but do you make custom ones for it? I've seen a couple of cars that i've like the exhaust on and the owners told me it was milltek. Also one said he had it custom made by you. Is this true?

Reply...

Hi

No we’ve never made any Milltek system for the EP3 either custom or otherwise .
Sorry we can’t help .

Regards
Phil Millington
Milltek Sport Ltd

Back