• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Miniw's Milano EP3 - Grinspeed Goodies!

New member here so thought I'd get a thread going for my EP3...
Bought the car in December 2009 with 50k on the clock completely standard aside from tints, looking like this:
day2-1.jpg

I never took mod by mod pics but within 18 months of owning it i'd done the following:
Tegiwa M
R8bby 2.5" Silenced B-Pipe
Spoon Street exhaust
Spax -30mm springs
Wheel refurb and powdercoated
Yoko Parada Spec 2's
Brem Tech grooved Discs
DS2500 Ferrodo pads
Hel Braided Lines<
Bren Civic Custom Cam Cover
Carbon mani and spark plug cover
Tegiwa ETD
Teishi Battery Tie Bar
Mugen Reservoir Socks
Mugen Oil Cap
Heko Wind Deflectors (2nd set, 1st lot blew off)
Calipers Painted
New Type R Badges on the Front and Back (front was missing and back was peeling)
New OEM mats,
Aero Wipe Blades

and it looked like this...
CTR4.jpg
CTR1.jpg

Next on the list for me was the Seibon Carbon spoiler which left the car looking like this...
4-1.jpg
DSC02073.jpg

I then decided to up the power so got RBC and Japspeed 4-2-1 and got everything mapped at TDI North:
Dyno.jpg
RBC.jpg
Result.jpg

I was starting to get fed up of trying to keep the white wheels clean so decided on a change, was originally going to do the OEM's another colour then some Evo Enkei's came up for sale which were in desperate need of a refurb but a great price. So after much head scratching at what colour to do them i decided on the colour.

5c988419.jpg
Powys-20120331-00308-1.jpg
3-1.jpg

Then decided it was time for a Mugen style front splitter -
Powys-20120613-00506.jpg
DSC02325.jpg
And a quick pic of the bay -
edb91463.jpg

Happy with the car for a while I was driving home from work about a month ago when I noticed a burning
smell. So pulled over and my wheel and the nearside front was absolutely boiling - seized caliper. After crawling home i was weighing up my options - getting them recon'd, dc5 brembo conversion etc. I then found a 328mm Stoptech BBK for sale with Pagid RS4-2 pads. After fitting, fluid etc (which was surprisingly easy) i took it for a spin up and down the road. All i can say is they are awesome! and they don't look too bad behind the Enkei's either.
Powys-20120805-00074.jpg
So that's it for now. I'm booked in to see Stevie at Grinspeed for a few goodies in a couple of weeks but this is how it looks at present...
4-2.jpg
3-2.jpg
Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
Paintwork looks fantastic for a milano lovely styled too, don't think i'd change a thing about what you have done awesome

Well I've decided i'm going to do to a few track days with this starting next year so a couple of weeks back i dropped it off at Grinspeed for the following:

-M Factory helical LSD
-Fast Road Set Up with DME camber arms and Eibach front bolts
-Clockwise Motion drop in sump baffle
-ATE racing brake fluid

The difference in handling is night and day to what it was before :twisted:. Really wish i'd got this done ages ago.

Only problem now is with the change of rear camber and thanks to the Enkei's my arches are catching when cornering hard and over bumps so next i'll be looking to get the arches rolled. I was thinking of having a go at doing this myself but i really don't want to mess it up.

Plans: - Currently weighing up whether or not to get a charger. Also really want to get some DC5 recaro's after having a go in my buddy's Teg.

Also went to a meet in Shrewsbury a few weeks back after getting my rear window tint re-done. Some pics below

Shropshire-20121013-00150.jpg

Shropshire-20121013-00152.jpg

Shropshire-20121013-00145.jpg

Shropshire-20121013-00156.jpg

Shropshire-20121013-00147.jpg

3-3.jpg

1-3.jpg

Food on the way home..
IMG-20121013-00164.jpg

Thanks for reading

I know Trixz's rolled his arches himself, you could ask him for info.

Nice mods by the way!

You car looks awesome bud love the colour am thinking about buying a type r again gutted I sold my one stupid mistake :(

Back