• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

misty condensation windows

hi all noticed quite a lot recently that my windows are getting fogged up realy quickly, is there any drainage holes that can get blocked up on these cars i have a ep3 52 plate civic type R, any advice/help would be great

jimmy

There's no drainage hole but check for leaks into the car. Do you have AC? If so switch it on.

A/C dries out all the moisture in the air.

IT IS THE BEST thing you can do to clear misted up windscreens etc without doubt.

And you dont have to have the heat turned up either.:)

cool theres me with the front heater on full, demister on for the rear and half a window open , checked for leaks its bone dry in there and only gets misty when we in it .

Also make sure your windows are clean on the inside, dirty glass mists up very easily.

mines realy bad on the scoob at the moment. when i had the back window smashed alot of rain water got in there. I had a dehumidifier sat in there all last weekend trying to get some of the moisture out of the car :lol:

What do you guys use to clean the glass inside to eliminate misting up? Ive tried a few things and it just makes it worse and also when the sun shines through it looks like there are swirl marks from the product used.

What do you guys use to clean the glass inside to eliminate misting up? Ive tried a few things and it just makes it worse and also when the sun shines through it looks like there are swirl marks from the product used.
Just buff it with a dry micro fibre cloth, it's the only way. All glass cleaners leave streaks, they're ****.

Before you turn off your car or A/C, turn the airflow control away from the windscreen setting. Leaving it on the windscreen setting seems to allow vapour to escape back out from the A/C and condense on your windscreen. :)

Back