• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mobil 1 0w-40

Danger200

Just wanted to post this up quick, found this for £38 in halfrauds over the weekend.
worth a purchase if you use it :cool:

MOBIL%201%200W40.gif

I bought the same from Costco for £23 incl the VAT, not that long ago.

I dont use it in my CTR though, I prefer to use Shell Helix Ultra 5w40

I will say lot of people recommend different oils, the Honda stealership near me uses 5w-30.
I find the oil consumption with this is pretty good copmpared to what the car was on when I first bought it and it is quieter.
I did see that Shell helix stuff and it's a possible purchase next time as it isn't badly priced.

I bought this today too, ready for a full DIY service this weekend including gearbox oil, oil filter, and air filter.

I used 5w-40 for the last 4 years in my other CTR, Oilman says that in the UK 0-40 will be fine.

Plus I got a free Mobile 1 umbrella! lol :D

I used 5w-40 for the last 4 years in my other CTR, Oilman says that in the UK 0-40 will be fine.

Plus I got a free Mobile 1 umbrella! lol :D

I need to find this costo place, half price and an umbrella :lol:. Could have done with that today.

So is there really much difference between the 0w-40 and 5w-40? I know it can depend on weather.

Oilman tells me it's fine to mix 0w40 with 5w40 so the differences must be mimimal.

Back