• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Modified insurance on CTR at age of 23?!

I can insure my Ep3 fine as a standard car, last years premium was a little under £700. I want to fit Kpro, RBC intake, and exhaust modifications but I can find an insurance company that will give me a quote under £2000. Tried Sky, but they couldnt find a company, greenlight say they no longer insure CTR's and the problem goes on......

I have 5years NCB, one non fault clame in 06 and SP30 for speeding in 04. I live in a small village in the sticks of Bedfordshire so cant see the area making it a problem.

What do other people do about modifications and insurance? :eek:

I can insure my Ep3 fine as a standard car, last years premium was a little under £700. I want to fit Kpro, RBC intake, and exhaust modifications but I can find an insurance company that will give me a quote under £2000. Tried Sky, but they couldnt find a company, greenlight say they no longer insure CTR's and the problem goes on......

I have 5years NCB, one non fault clame in 06 and SP30 for speeding in 04. I live in a small village in the sticks of Bedfordshire so cant see the area making it a problem.

What do other people do about modifications and insurance? :eek:

I'm 23 with 4 yrs NCB. K100, Rbc, Gruppem etc, all mods declared. I pay £800 fully comp with Sky.

Declare the modifications that you can see.

Declare everything.

sorry to butt in but does a Fast Road setup count as a mod?? should i be declaring this to my insurance people?

sorry to butt in but does a Fast Road setup count as a mod?? should i be declaring this to my insurance people?

I would declare absolutely everything to your insurers. The last thing you want is for them to find the camber adjusters and say that caused you to lose control etc, and then not pay up.

I'm 23 with 4 yrs NCB. K100, Rbc, Gruppem etc, all mods declared. I pay £800 fully comp with Sky.

Declare everything.

Thats good, Sky said the can insure me because of the area i live in. It just doesnt make sence. I live in a little village! :confused:

I would declare absolutely everything to your insurers. The last thing you want is for them to find the camber adjusters and say that caused you to lose control etc, and then not pay up.

OK cool thanks for that i'll give them a call.

I've declared everything down to the magnetic bolts in the sump and gearbox.

I've also said that a fast road setup has been made but it is still within Honda tolerances. I did not use camber adjusters though.

im 22, have 02plate ep3, 3 years no claims, good area to live, clear of points / crashes. Churchill £770 (has my misses and mum named on it).

im 22, have 02plate ep3, 3 years no claims, good area to live, clear of points / crashes. Churchill £770 (has my misses and mum named on it).

I too have my mum on my policy it reduced it by about 90 quid!!!!!

Maybe its worth getting a policy then declairing the mods after i just decleared my mods, CAI, Strut brace, FRSU (i know not very much, but) and it added an extra £30 to my priemium. Not sure if thats good as i've not had mod's before? but was very easy to sort out.

greenlight say they no longer insure CTR's and the problem goes on......

Interesting to hear about Greenlight as I took a policy out with them about 6 months ago on an EP3.

As for what to declare or not I would say tell them everything. Ultimately it's your call but those who get caught out deserve everything they get, which of course starts with the insurer not paying out.

You know that!! I declare everything I had a crash last year cost about 30k I'm glad I didn't have to pay!!!

Try Noel Dazely mate im 23 they quoted me £838 on my prem with kpro @237bhp, exhaust system, induction kit, front strut brace and lower tie bar :cool:

Try Noel Dazely mate im 23 they quoted me £838 on my prem with kpro @237bhp, exhaust system, induction kit, front strut brace and lower tie bar :cool:

How many years no claims bud?

Ill have to give them a try, and i havnt tryed flux yet but i not expecting much from them

I'm surprised Sky couldn't help, i'm 24 with 3yNCB and a total loss claim and only paying £900 fully comp all mods declared with an allowance of upto 25% increase in BHP

I'm surprised Sky couldn't help, i'm 24 with 3yNCB and a total loss claim and only paying £900 fully comp all mods declared with an allowance of upto 25% increase in BHP

They said it was the area i live in, so I cant do much about that other than move.

Back