• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Modified OE Airbox Guide Link / Available filters??

I am pretty sure there is a link/webpage detailing the modification of the OE air box (cutting out the internals).

Can someone post it if they know it.

Cheers. :D

Secondly,

Can anyone recommend an aftermarket filter to use with the OE airbox (once modified). Can you get a flat panel filter that will fit, or are there only internal 'cylindrical' filters simmilar to the OE item. Links to products much appreciated :p

I think only the cylindrical ones will fit. General consensus seems that the K&N is cheap and very effective.

I had a Spoon one in mine, before I got my Mugen airbox. The Spoon is way over priced for what it is

There was a hilarious post on CTRO where someone made their OEM box look like some cheese, the pictures and comments were great but it was removed because of the humiliation.

You could try something like that?

- Kevin.

Think I am gonna go with an ITG drop in filter, others I am considering are the K&N and Spoon - But the Spoon is out due to price.

Hopefully I will have an OE air box on the way to me sson so I can cut it up and still retain mine for resale time.

moNoKnoT said:
There was a hilarious post on CTRO where someone made their OEM box look like some cheese, the pictures and comments were great but it was removed because of the humiliation.

You could try something like that?

- Kevin.

Just read a post on CTRO by krysiz mentioning he experimented by drilling the wing side of the box (away from the engine) with some success. Think I will leave it mainly intact apart from the Hondata mod.

I am not expecting miracles from this. :)

Back