• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

More Mods.....HID's now fitted & new grill

N77

Well finally got around to fitting the Mugen grill, I put it on for the weekend and Santa Pod but it was a little rushed and wasn't on right, so fitted it correctly now.

Well the bumper came off and I started to work, I thought of a before photo after the first headlight was taken off :lol: so there is no befores. The first one took a little time as I went by looking removing the headlight. Once off I disconnected it and took it to have a look at the bulb. It was a trial and error job and I modified the clip, it just needs reshaping and job done, as I didn't fancy the glue gun and cutting out the bulb holder. Fits like a glove now, the first one took a while but the second one was alot easier after I done the first one.

All put back together and had a quick test before I secured everything in place, all was working so contiuned. I decided to mount the control box on the top of the wings underneath (the reason you will see in the pics :D ), as I didn't really want them on show. They are secured with cable ties and VHB tape so should be okay, will check on them a little later on incase they have come loose and look at an alternative.

While the bumper was off and the reason for changing is the fog lights would look a bit pap with the white of the HID's so I purchased the Polargs Shining Wizard bulbs from the group buy and they complete the look for sure :-D

All in all a pleasant and easy job and it looks ace, and definitely a vast improvement.

Now for some pics of the progress that was made today :lol:

Now you see them

hid1.jpg

hid2.jpg

Now you don't :-D

hid3.jpg

hid4.jpg

In daylight

hid5.jpg

Going dark now, how they look against my gates and drive

hid6.jpg

How they look head on with fogs and HIDs on :-D

hid7.jpg

How they look head on with just HIDs on :-D

hid8.jpg

Will be a definite improvement to visability, I can tell even before I go out :-D

Carl

very cool, where did you get the Mugen grill??

I brought it from a fellow member, already sprayed in the right colour and complete with badges :D

Think he got it from PowR

Well I drove back in the dark with my new lights tonight from work and fook me they are cool, even under street lights they shine the road up bright white, so I can only imagine what they will be like on deserted country roads with zero street lights, they are quality.

I am so glad I plunged for them now, well worth it

Carl

I brought it from a fellow member, already sprayed in the right colour and complete with badges :D

Think he got it from PowR

Well I drove back in the dark with my new lights tonight from work and fook me they are cool, even under street lights they shine the road up bright white, so I can only imagine what they will be like on deserted country roads with zero street lights, they are quality.

I am so glad I plunged for them now, well worth it

Carl

another ebay purchase?

I will eventually get some from the guy on the DC2 forum as he was very reasonable and very helpful when I last enquired.

Did they take long to fit, might have to pick your brains next time at a meet :D

Back