• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

More power for my atr accord

hello I've owned my accord type r for nearly 1year. I just need some advice on superchips etc. I want to gain more power but cannot afford to spend alot of money. I know induction kits/exhausts make an improvement. Also do racing clutches help or just gimmicks. If anyone can help and also recommend who to use in west Yorkshire region

Racing clutch to increase power? :confused:

I'd say get the best induction kit you can afford and a hondata ecu reflash, the gains wouldn't be huge but power delivery would be improved mate

engine breathing, exhaust and ecu for easiest power gains I reckon.

None of it is gonna be especially cheap if you're gonna do it right though.

Uprated clutch is pointless unless you have silly power. Standard will be fine.

As mentioned breathing mods and a remap are the best way of transforming the car. As I understand it you wont gain much top end BHP but the car will be far better through the rev range.

what do you mean by a hondata ecu reflash. How much will it cost and where from. Will the v tech be played with I.e kick in earlier also what do you think about v tech controllers.

V-TECH = Kids toys
V-TEC = Heaven

If you havent alot of money to play with you wont really tell a 10bhp increase from a exhaust/inuction etc. You money will be better spent on a decent suspension set up and you will gain a big advantage.

what do you mean by a hondata ecu reflash. How much will it cost and where from. Will the v tech be played with I.e kick in earlier also what do you think about v tech controllers.

1) its an ECU reflash, i.e, remap

2) I don't know, the search button answers most questions

3) yes

4) they're rubbish by all accounts apparently

Hondata ECU is a modified ECU that allows remaps.

If prices for ECU are comparable to the civic, you won't have that much change from £1k

Vtec controllers are a waste of time

An ECUTEK remap will suit well, Some accords do benifit from and uprated clutch even with smal power gains, I have one for sale if interested, an Exedy Kit.
£100 pounds :)

Back