• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

More problems with the car.

After getting the last set of problems i have not got something else................I think i should sell the car but need help first.

I was driving the car yesterday and it was "bouncing" up the rev counter after 4000rpm. didnt think much of it because it stopped. got into the car this morning and was fine when i pulled out the esate. but as soon as i hit the main road something funny happend..................it was "limiting" at 4000rpm and would not got any higher. the engin management light has gone on and i dont know what to do apart from crying. bare in mind that i have had the head gaskert timing belt and thermostat dont 2 weeks ago.

any help or sugggestions would be great. (evne how to blow it up)

thanks in advance

mr_sport

sounds as if the v-tec is not engaging. the "bouncing" could be a loose connection to the v-tec controller/solenoid switching on and off as you're driving.

4000rpm revlimit sounds like the car has experienced an issue and gone onto its limp home map. Why its done so is an issue that needs looking at. As your miles from the likes of TDI North I'd say get it to Honda or someone who knows the engine well.

Yes it is a sport. with regards to the v-tech controller how do i know if it is that. Also the engine management light has gone off now. GRRR

Get it to someone that can run a diagnostic check on the engine,should show up why the eml came on.

I'm only saying v-tec as in a sport the v-tec kicks in at around 4k doesn't it? I just think that whilst the head was removed the connectors for the v-tec may have been disconnected and may have been loosely reconnected. as you're above 4k and it starts bouncing on and off power it just seems as if there is a rattly connector with a poor connection starting and cutting the v-tec. thus turning the EML on.

Also, check your oil level as if the oil level is low and not up to temp it won't go into vtec either.

sorry to hear your problems mate but with your head gasket, timing chain being done id put money on it that it was a not to decent done job and as a result you've had a massive miss fire on 2 maybe 3 cylinders the ecu will set its self to limp mode for engine saftey and because most problems are heat related as soon as it was even abit hot it shut your engine down.
the light will go off but the code will remain on the system, if your problem has gone altogether then im guessing a very dodgey job. get it checked asap.

Back