• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

More Than (taking the ****)

New Clio 197 Value £17K Fully Comp £0 Excess, 12000 miles a year, Mrs and I on Just under £400 a year
New Seat Leon FR550 Value £18K Fully Comp £0 Excess, 12000 miles a year, Mrs and I, £320 a year
1997 E36 BMW 318is Value £1k 3rd Party Fire and Theft, 6000 miles a year, Mrs and I, £1400 a year

WTF is that about, robbing cnuts! Needless to say they shall be losing my business.

some insurance companies are ***** with beemers. but better with other cars.

the above car cost me £312 admiral fully comp protected 7 years NCB

and £407 with 0 NCB when i switched it to a fresh policy last month.

Morethan have always been the cheapest for me insuring the CTR. Just renewed with them for £358.

Each insurer will have particular vehicles that they like to insure. Some companies also class third party fire and theft as a higher risk as a person whose choosing that doesnt really mind if the car gets damaged (hence only selecting to cover the third party in an at fault accident) and so may pay less attention when driving or open it up to more risk.

Hah - that's what happened with me on my old Saab 9000 2.0t. Was quoted £800+ from everyone. It was at that point I did some quotes on the CTR and decided it was time :cool:

Back