• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MOT

Hi All

This subject is something that was brought to my attention over the weekend by a guy who id call a "mr know it all"
Ive got a cat back exhaust, its has a center box and a back box, its not that loud to be fair bit of a deeper sound than standard and I also have the tow hook fitted to the rear. Now according to him my car is going to fail the MOT with these mods. Any one have any issues with MOT with these similar mods?

Lucas

Talking out of his sh!t pipe. He obviously hasn't got the foggiest of ideas about what constitutes an MOT failure. Tell him to do one.

I've been told about the tow hoop before. It doesn't have a ball on it like a tow bar, so is classed as a sharp edge so is a fail. I got told to take it off for next time.

Exhaust is at the testers discretion as there isn't a noise limit. Take it somewhere where you can check with the tester first if he's feeling tight about the exhaust and take the tow hoop off would be my advice.

Back