• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Mugen Civic Type R to be sold in the UK.........

Autocar said:
Sales will begin at the end of 2009, with prices starting around £35,000.Honda UK is expected to import extremely limited numbers of the car, ensuring demand outstrips supply.

That's a joke. If it was £25k I would consider remorgaging the house and then taking that spoiler off the back, but £35k! :evil: It might be internet rumour but I've read that they are only gong to make 100 of them.

Then again for £25k you could buy a newly imported FD2 and a lot of work at TDI or CPL or the likes.

I found this pic as well but the video suggests it'll be 3 door not 5 as in the pic.

mugen2sl7.jpg

I might get shot down in flames here but I think we're lacking a 5 door Type R? The FD2 has doors on the back and that works. Ford and VW seem to get away with it?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sales will begin at the end of 2009, with prices starting around £35,000.Honda UK is expected to import extremely limited numbers of the car, ensuring demand outstrips supply.

So they're going to take a UK built car, ship it to Japan, stick some plastic on it and remove the rear seats, ship it back to the UK and charge you double................ ok.

....I would consider remorgaging the house and then taking that spoiler off the back.....

I'd not i'd leave it as it was, otherwise what the point of getting a Mugen Civic if you start taking the Mugen bits off, just mod a OEM CTR.

Anyway it's all hearsay becaue the price is still massive and the cars biggest problem.

I think it looks real bad to be honest, one of the worst looking Ch@v motors I have seen.

I mean a suspension upgrade, better brakes etc etc great, but if I am thinking correctly they are going to make this one 240 bhp........so just drop a S2000 engine in the FN2, buy a LSD and some brembos, pay for your insurance and a years worth of petrol and you would still be way less than this £35k figure.

I would not pay more than 23k and even then i would be considering better and faster cars in that price range!

my opinion only!

Beat me to it.

I can image that if it was a feasible thing to do there would be loads of them flying around.

bet it can be done for 30K!!!!! which would still be 5k cheaper LOL.

The main issue is the S2k engine spins in the the other direction so if you connect it to the FWD gearbox you end up with one forward and six reverse gears.... iirc.

Why don't they just replace the rear windscreen with carbon fibre and be done with it? With that ridiculous rear wing, what's the point of the rear windscreen? :rolleyes:

Back