• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Mugen FD2 in UK already

saw this posted on another forum. All 300 hundred sold on order day so I can see why they can charge a premium. Litchfields offered me one for 28k otr so this is a bit pricey.

I doubt they have it tbh.

The JDM civic has only been on the market for 3 months and honda and racing partner mugen have wasted no time in producing this potent ltd edition civic type rr.
Only 300 units will be made all in missano red. The RR see's a revised engine management system along with a mugen air intake and bespoke mugen exhaust system giving the car an extra 15bhp from the 2.0l v-tech engine.The RR weighs in at 15kg lighter then the standard civic type r. Lightweight composite materials are used for the mugen body kit and it comes with bespoke mugen forged aluminium alloys wrapped in bridgestone re070 rubber. The suspension and brakes have also been revised making this the quickest FWD car on the market

Is "Missano" a miss quote of Milano?

Considering that Honda Enthusiasts will be the people who buy this car you would think the company selling it would understand the difference between v-tech and i-VTEC. :roll:

Isn't it just a FD2 with all the Mugen bits bolted on and painted red? Thats what it looks like to me.

And 32K :lol:

it's slightly different to the standard FD2 and the mugen components available for it. There are a few exclusive parts and a bit of weight saving going on (mainly the wheels though).

The twin exit exhaust is not available (yet) from Mugen and the rear brake light is exclusively mounted in the diffuser - nice :cool:

There are a few other things as well...

it's slightly different to the standard FD2 and the mugen components available for it. There are a few exclusive parts and a bit of weight saving going on (mainly the wheels though).

The twin exit exhaust is not available (yet) from Mugen and the rear brake light is exclusively mounted in the diffuser - nice :cool:

There are a few other things as well...

All those parts will be available from Mugen given time.

The RR is not really something you could put together from a parts catalogue. First off, the carbon composite bumpers are likely to stay a special RR item. Besides the engine management and bolt on parts plus camshaft and valve springs, I received inside information that Mugen has also timkered with the head itself. The source couldn't confirm exactly what was done, but he seems to think the porting and intake manifold are significantly different. I am being vague here because the information I received wasn't all telling. Think for a moment though, to squeeze and extra 15PS for a reliable road car even one made limited must require more than just simple bolt ons.

Also, the Recaro SP-X will actually costs around 800,000 yen each.

BTW, has anyone seen Spoon's FD2 Spec R street car yet? I will make a trip down to Suginami soon and give you all an update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was on the phone to Litchfield the other day...best price he was giving was 32k aswell...but i doubt the RR's even available for instant buy over in Japan anymore, seein as most sources are saying they sold out in 10mins

Back