• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Mugen oil cap

Oooh. So even if mine is fake its better than oem anyways. Cheers for replies guys

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

i got one few days ago looks good like yours packing etc and is aluminium but when i found made in china on back of packaging kind of gave it away i screwed mine on then glued logo on straight for my own personal ocd

i got one few days ago looks good like yours packing etc and is aluminium but when i found made in china on back of packaging kind of gave it away i screwed mine on then glued logo on straight for my own personal ocd

Mine is already stuck on. Did you prize logo off?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

no mine was only on with a bit of tape i guessed so you could line it up correctly better quality fake i reckon

it was just 2 little bits of tape holding the center badge down on mine.

apart from those bits of tape the badge was completely loose, like baldydave said most likely so you can line it up and stick it down,

i know it's 100% fake but it's made from Alli, looks alright and does what an oil cap is supposed to do so who gives a f*ck :lol:

Wats wrong with OEM?

Pointless mod IMO.

They shatter.

Under hard driving the engine will get hotter, a plastic cap wont be able to withstand the same tolerances that a aluminium one will.

They heat up and swell, then, over night or once the car is left to stand for a while, they will cool. Either getting stuck in the head or warping.

Mine shattered on my S2000. In Germany.

[snip]
That's a pretty good reason right there. :lol:

Really. I am surprised.

I retract my earlier statement.

Besides I had a spoon engine cap on my EP3 & DC5.....

Not to mention the socks. Worth at least 3bhp.

Really. I am surprised.

Never.

Ever.

Will I ever run a plastic cap on a car I drive hard.

Really. I am surprised.

Never.

Ever.

Will I ever run a plastic cap on a car I drive hard.

I got an aftermarket cap after hearing your story. Not likely to go wrong, but not worth the risk when you can pick up a decent second hand one for peanuts.

why dont you get a fine knife and lift the sticker and then glue it down on the correct way.. that way itll look better?

I have a genuine mugen oil cap if anyone wants it. I believe ts geniune as the guy I brought it from say it is and he a trusted member and two the packaging ironically spells genuine wrong.

Back