• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen Pedals (Don't fit an 04?)

Trung said:
Paul
I'll have my 03 gas pedal for sale soon if you need it.

Thanks for the offer trung :smt023

But I would need to some pics to make sure it fits, if they have changed the pedal itself god knows what else Honda have changed :roll:

Well looks like my 03 gas pedal is the same as Paul's.

Either that or Julian had a very unique gas pedal on his car. :?

Trung said:
Well looks like my 03 gas pedal is the same as Paul's.

Either that or Julian had a very unique gas pedal on his car. :?

Now I'm really confussed, there is no way the Mugen would fit on there either :?

ah right perhaps they are the same then?

The top part on the gas pedal should be moulded round and it should come off if you get some plyers and a screwdriver on it, just bend one side of it out and it should just fall off mate then you can drill straight into the pedal.

Just swapped pedals with Carl, they are totally different as first suspected.

Carl has some photo's on his phone that i'm sure he will post up soon that show the difference.

Yep as Julian said we swapped pedals over today and the prefacelift are different to the facelift, well when thy did the swap over we are not sure but my pedal is definitely different. The main arm is exactly the same its the actual pedal attachment onto it thats different. With Julians he took his off to fit the Mugen pedal, with mine thats not possible and looking at the pics I took below, you can see there is a difference.

The pedal on the left is mine from a 54 plate, the right one is from Julians 02 plate

First pic is the back of an 02 pedal, the 2nd pic is mine from a 54 plate

So I would say if you want to put a set of pedals on you need the pedal from a 51/02 car

Carl

Doh anyone fancy swapping their pedals over?

Carl, did you find a socket fitted ok on the bolts that hold the accelerator in place? The ones I had were to short to go over the bolt.

paul.goffin said:
Doh anyone fancy swapping their pedals over?

Carl, did you find a socket fitted ok on the bolts that hold the accelerator in place? The ones I had were to short to go over the bolt.

At first it didn't fit, I used a spanner on the bottom nut, then we found one a bit longer in the box and used that, were on quite tight though and they are awkward to undo being where they are, but we got there, pretty easy once you found a method to get them off.

Carl

Got mine on now :D

mugenpedals0cf.jpg

Carl

bloody hell mate that accelerator pedal nearly blinded me! :D :lol:

They never looked that clean when i first bought them! :shock: :lol:

Looking very 8)

dotty said:
Looking good Carl! You estate agent people must get paid to much :lol: :lol:

Nah I have just learnt my lesson from my first CTR and that is not to pay full price for new stuff or get bits used ;)

Carl

N77 said:
dotty said:
Looking good Carl! You estate agent people must get paid to much :lol: :lol:

Nah I have just learnt my lesson from my first CTR and that is not to pay full price for new stuff or get bits used ;)

Carl

Yup I knew that from the start :lol: :lol:

Almost sorted.

I bought a spare accelerator pedal for £15, but it was the same type :(
As I had a spare I just used the self tappers into the rubber of the pedal. It's on nice and secure.

Now I just have to swap the accelerator pedal assemblies over.

Finally fitted :oops:

The hardest bit was trying to remove the socket that got stuck on one of the bolts that holds the accelerator in place.

DSCN0578.jpg

paul.goffin said:

The hardest bit was trying to remove the socket that got stuck on one of the bolts that holds the accelerator in place.

DSCN0578.jpg

Nice one Paul. Unfortunatley we cant see the picture!

Use our 'image upload' :wink:

dotty said:
paul.goffin said:

DSCN0578.jpg

Nice one Paul. Unfortunatley we cant see the picture!

Use our 'image upload' :wink:

I can see the picture, is Dotty the only one???

Back