• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen / steering wheel options for EP3? (Post pics)

As above lads. Post pics of your set up please. I actually fancy a Mugen boss and I'm sure I saw them on eBay a while back for £150 and now there is one listed for £400?! Outrageously OTT.

What other decent options are there? Also what's the score with the airbag??

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you know I've been toying with the idea of a new wheel too. I've finally decided on a wheel, but I'm keeping it top secret.
I've never seen a Mugen wheel on an EP3, I know they made one with an airbag for the FN/FD and a race style one. I can't see a problem with either, unless the airbag system changed drastically over one generation.

If you don't want an airbag you'll need a boss and a way of fooling the car into thinking it has an airbag or the system will be deactivated. I think the usual fix is a 2.2ohm resistor, you can also get a ready made kit, Demon Tweeks sell them I think.

Rambo just fitted a wheel, so he's the boy to ask. His thread: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?90644-S-s-ep3-rebirth/page2

There's also the option of getting your OEM wheel retrimmed if you want to keep your airbag. That's what I've done.

Na mine is just a newer one it's not re-trimmed boys. OEM yo!

Still love the suede mugen wheel. Good link above. Lots of tasty wheels. Although I gotta say WTF is it with those horrible gaudy wooden Nardi wheels - they look shat.

Yep, that first one with the carbon and buttons and stupid shape, that's just offensive. I think I'll blame the nasty stuff on American taste, or lack thereof.

Lol yes - goddamn yanks have no taste! I jhest of course...

Gutted you can't get the mugen boss anymore that looked sweet :(

There was a genuine Mugen floating around on eBay for an age. Think it was due to him wanting silly money for basically a lump of Ali. The Mugen one is a stupid price and there are far better made options out there. Have you thought about Spoon? 6two1 can get all the Spoon gear in now for you. The wheels are really nice.

Yea I think I remember the eBay one. There was one for 140 or so. There's one now for an s2000 buy it's £400 - fook dat.

Ok thanks will check out spoon too.

Back